Pacific Star's Inaugural Sailing

Skyrules

Thank you for sharing these photos they are great.

Also looked at the sky and sun albums they brought back some happy memories.

I am really looking forward to the 9th Jan now.:)

Now that Christmas has gone I think it's going to be a long wait until we sail on the 25th March :mad:

Seeing Pacific Star yesterday made it real - now I just have to wait the time out! Still have to pay for it yet, but we have until the end of January to do that.

Kym

Thanks for the phots. It's behind is certainly very square. I think the last photo shows the addition quite well. Or is that just my imagination.

Yes, you can definetly see where they've added to the rear - even more so when you see it in person. It's given it a similar shape to the rear of Pacific Sun.

Kym

Hi Kym,

Just wondering how do you get such great photos? Are you able to get into restricted areas or do you just have a great camera?? You seem to know the good spots to take the shots from as the other ones taken of the ships are also fantastic. Mum said they didn't get a very good view of the ship while berthed at Pinkenba and had to peer through a huge fence. Also did you just happen to be in Melbourne to get the photos of the Sun or were you travelling on her?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi Kym,

Just wondering how do you get such great photos? Are you able to get into restricted areas or do you just have a great camera?? You seem to know the good spots to take the shots from as the other ones taken of the ships are also fantastic. Mum said they didn't get a very good view of the ship while berthed at Pinkenba and had to peer through a huge fence. Also did you just happen to be in Melbourne to get the photos of the Sun or were you travelling on her?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Hi Chaz,

No, I took all my photos from public areas. From what you describe, I'd say your Mum was probably at the same place I was at - Barku St, Lytton. My shots were taken through the wire. I have a Kodak Z740 camera with 10x zoom, and colour and light correction so I was able to get good shots. We only just got this camera and I'm still learning all the tricks.

The photos of Pacific Star after she left Pinkenba were taken at the public area at Whyte Island, next to the Tug Boat depot, near Fisherman's Island - again, somewhere anyone can go - and there were lots of people there yesterday.

I can't take credit for the photo's of Pacific Sun, Pacific Sky and Spirit of Tasmania in Melbourne - they were taken by my parents who live in Melbourne. We sent them down there the day the the Pacific sisters where in port together to get the photo's for us. Luckily they have the cruise bug too! Mum & Dad had been on Pacific Sun with us in June, so wanted to see the ship again - and Mum had been on Sky with us - and wanted to show Sky off to Dad as he didn't come on that cruise with us, so hadn't seen her.

Kym

Archived