Caribbean princess fitness center hours

cruzrbachoua

Anyone currently on or just recently off (this year) the caribbean princess that can tell me the fitness center hours. I looked back at my past patters and have 2 conflicting times...1 cruise stated 7am to 10pm another 6am to 10pm..trying to see if we can get some workouts in before excursions and pool lounging. [emoji6] TIA

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Didn't they shorten the hours, because the fitness center is above occupied cabins and the "thump thump" was a problem. Let me know, I have a Lido forward in September....

Recent posts have indicated an 8 to 8 schedule....but it seems some people do not abide by it, not being considerate of those in the cabins below

Edited by myfuzzy

Last time we were on the ship it was 7-10 and the actual fitness center area was behind locked doors so people have to follow the rules unless they have the key to unlock the doors.

I am mainly interested in using the treadmills or the bikes which should not bother the cabins below..I could see the classes they teach with music bothering the cabins...but at the same time those that book under the theatre, lounges and such know that there is a possibility of overhead noise. Just like we booked on Riviera for the sideways room...and are prepared to have to deal with lido deck noise.

Please anyone with recent experience or patters they can post would be great.

Apparently the treadmills are the big issue, because they cause a loud "thump thump" that can be heard in the cabins below. As I stated above, a recent post, from the beginning of March, indicates the hours are 8 - 8

ok thanks..i read your post about the hours as more of a question vs a statement.

I am not here to debate whether or not it is fair that the cabins below can hear or are bothered, was just curious the times...and sadly the 8 to 8 wont work as we have excursions that leave around that time..was hoping for a quick 20 min workout before breakfast and then off to our excursions but I guess that wont work...really sad I bet a lot of people miss that quick workout before the day gets going for most and the gym gets busy.

ok thanks..i read your post about the hours as more of a question vs a statement.

I am not here to debate whether or not it is fair that the cabins below can hear or are bothered, was just curious the times...and sadly the 8 to 8 wont work as we have excursions that leave around that time..was hoping for a quick 20 min workout before breakfast and then off to our excursions but I guess that wont work...really sad I bet a lot of people miss that quick workout before the day gets going for most and the gym gets busy.

I can understand your frustration. As for the new ships, that don't have that "jogging" promenade deck on deck 7, pushes runners to the top deck in the sun and wind. As for the locations of the other fitness centers, you would think deck 5 would be a better area for it, as there are no passenger cabins below, therefore no disturbance or "rocking" of the ship less noticeable, and possible expand the hours longer to accommodate those who wish to work out.

When we were on the ship in January it was open early but the treadmills had signs that they did not open until 8am...We used the bikes as early as 6 am but there are only 4 bikes

yeah we may have to walk or jog on the promenade since the CB does have a wrap around one albeit not quite the same as a treadmill walk. Was just looking for an option to burn some calories since it will be a b2b and need to make sure we can still fit in clothes...haha.

Yeah lower might have been better but that is where the theatre is and I would guess the dancers are more at risk for injury doing what they do vs what we guests do in the gym......plus then they wouldn't have the view...lol. Too bad they didn't invest in some better soundproofing around areas that have guests and public areas. But then again some could say we know the risk when booking a cabin under/above a public space that there could be noise...because soon there will be no late show or late music as those locations have cabins above or below the noise...no deck party cause there are cabins below...where will it end..:eek: I am a light sleeper so I get the noise thing but then we book cabins where I know "reasonably" that there should be no noise from those type of events.

When we were on the ship in January it was open early but the treadmills had signs that they did not open until 8am...We used the bikes as early as 6 am but there are only 4 bikes

Ah the bikes do open early...great that is an option. great thanks for the info. I thought it was that the doors didn't open til 8. I can always do some squats, situps, bikes something like that to get some type of workout in...if I can remember my fav moves from our workout dvds...haha

Too bad they can't reconfigure the area where the "art gallery" is, maybe switch up those two, put the fitness center where the "art gallery" is. But my opinion is lose the art gallery all together.......

As a side note....in MY opinion, and only MY opinion. deck 7 promenade deck joggers/runners should not be allowed to do so, as people sit and enjoy the views, and a few times I literally have just about been run over by someone who carelessly runs by when I was walking along. I was also standing by the railing, when to turn around, and again, here comes somebody running by, with a "coming through"......

I agree on losing the art gallery...while it does provide some hilarious comments sometimes in my group at some of the off the wall pics...it is a wasted space and I don't think I have seen to many people at the art show/auction things either...but then I am sure there are some that think why do we want to workout on vacay...which used to be me...but this b2b I might need to do a little bit more than just take the stairs all the time and strolls on the promenade...just too much good food that I don't want to pass up on.:hearteyes: Plus we workout and eat healthy all year this is usually our splurge time.

I agree on losing the art gallery...while it does provide some hilarious comments sometimes in my group at some of the off the wall pics...it is a wasted space and I don't think I have seen to many people at the art show/auction things either...but then I am sure there are some that think why do we want to workout on vacay...which used to be me...but this b2b I might need to do a little bit more than just take the stairs all the time and strolls on the promenade...just too much good food that I don't want to pass up on.:hearteyes: Plus we workout and eat healthy all year this is usually our splurge time.

I know for a fact that the art gallery is a third party, paying the cruise lines for the space used on the ship and a percentage of the "profits" This company has had more than its share of complaints by people who purchase, what they think are authentic pieces, only to find they are only copies. But this aside, there is no way they are going away. They pay for the "premium" square footage. hense, the fitness space is on top of the ship, where those who spend time there, don't normally spend time in the "gallery.