Current State of Bingo

link99

So the last time we played Bingo was on Legend of the seas 2015 Southern Caribbean Cruise.At that time they Still had the Machines and perforated Cards.

Fast foreword to March 2018 Freedom of the Seas 6 Day Western Caribbean. We only went to the win a cruise game,how things have changed. They only have printed out Bingo cards now. Not even perforated.

To add to that they give you a small Number2 Pencil like the ones you use to fill out lottery cards in the Supermarket . Then your expected to use the top part of you leg to mark the numbers on the card (s) as their are no hard surfaces to use. And guess what happens the pencil goes right through the paper.

You are allowed to use a dauber ,if you happen to know you can and remember to bring one from home or buy one on the ship.

So is bingo only played like this on Freedom OTS or is it like this on all ships? Are Machines gone from all RCCL Ships?

I Know it is our responsibility to ask about game etc. Thoght we knew, but this is a drastic change from past and really favors the house by a lot. Lesson learned, but I will never spend money again on Bingo on the ships if this is the new norm.

I always try to play a few games of bingo on every cruise. Most recently was on HOTS last October. There were very few sessions of bingo, maybe 3 the whole cruise, but they had daubers and electronic plus paper cards.

On Allure in 2015, no electronic cards, but daubers and paper cards.

Allure 2016, electronic plus paper cards and stupid pencils, no daubers. Thankfully we had ours from a previous cruise.

I think it’s hit or miss from sailing to sailing. I enjoy the paper cards and daubers more than the electronic cards but I usually get the package with one electronic card and the three pack of paper cards and then they give you a bonus paper card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk