Sailing just before a dry dock

bobbyandali

Has anyone done the sailing just before a dry dock? Carnival Fantasy looks like it will now be going into dry dock on Jan 7, 2019. There is a 4 night cruise leaving Jan 3, 2019, that works well for our family schedule.

I just want to make sure noone has had any issues, that Carnival doesn't stop cleaning the ship, etc. That the crew still works hard (I'm assuming some of them may depart while it's in dry dock), etc.

I would rather be on the cruise right before drydock than the one right after. However, it is not out of the realm of possibility that there could be some workers on the ship with you getting an early start on the refurb, where they can, without getting in the passengers' way.

I would not worry about it.

I was on the Miracle a few years ago the week before dry dock. The only big thing we noticed was there were no production shows in the theater. The first night or two they brought in a magician. Word was they were needing that week to begin the theater renovations and so they were busy dismantling everything. It was not a big deal other than I was with someone and it was her first cruise. Would have liked to take her to a couple of the shows.