Delta vs. Continental

shipl0ver

I have found the lowest prices with these 2 carriers. They are at different airports within equal distance from my home. Continental arrives slightly earlier in Seattle. This is a plus. Delta arrives home slightly earlier. Continental is approx. $50 more p/p. Should I feel comfortable booking with Delta due to all the financial problems the airline is experiencing? My cruise isn't until May.

Although Delta has good prices now they will probably be changing a lot of the flight times around as their bankruptcy progresses. I would feel better about Continental actually flying when they say. When the newspapers ran the article about the Delta bankruptcy it was mentioned that they would be "adjusting" flight times on the national flights but leaving the international flights alone because they were the only ones making any money.

Good luck!

Short version of a post on the Millie Roll Call for Venice to Barcelona 11/07/06.....DL just wiped out our direct return flight from BCN to JFK Thanksgiving Saturday (I have not looked back further to see if this is efffective immediately) in favor of an existing one-stop via Madrid. Messed up our connection at JFK back to ATL, so they re-booked us without charge for that Sunday's direct flight from MAD to ATL.

Stay tuned....int'l changes for DL seem to be afoot per Seacrystal's post .

Cabo

I'm sorry to see that your flight has changed Cabo, :eek: but the good thing is that you have plenty of time to recover. I would hate to have been notified with only weeks to go. It can always happen in reverse - a better flight may come along again as things keep changing.

Thanks for the kind encouragement Seacrystal.

Hopefully we'll turn this into a positive. The idea of staying in Madrid overnight at a hotel we decided to book across the street from the Prado appeals to us. And we certainly won't miss the chaos on Thanksgiving weekend in and around JFK. If it's OK with DL, it's usually OK by me!!

And I know that things could change again, but as I said over on our roll call, "Ya gotta keep your knees loose" with the airlines.

Cabo

We've been loyal to Delta for years for business and leisure travel. My husband is almost at the million mile mark with them. Last summer we booked flights to LA on Song, direct flights at good times for our Feb. 18th cruise. I'm not sure what made me look at the reservation last week (maybe reading this board?) but I'm glad I did. Our 10:30 a.m flight the day after the cruise had been changed to 9:30 pm, a red eye back to Boston. Same flight number, but what a change. At this point, I was still able to get a daytime flight, but now we have to leave LA at 6 am and connect in Atlanta.

Heard on the NPR Business Report this morning: DL's CEO expects to be "generating cash" this fall, and that they are 70% along in reaching their "Get Out of Bankruptcy" goal. (From his mouth to.......)

At least DL's not heading in the other direction.....yet.

Cabo

Archived