Doctors Cave Beach

Raxter54

DW and I are looking for a beach day in Montego Bay. How busy is Doctors Cave Beach on a normal day? We'll be there on the Carnival Dream, and there will be one other ship in port with us. Would it be very crowded? Are there vendors to rent chairs/umbrellas from? Restaurants available for a lunch? Are there many beach vendors trying to sell you things while your relaxing on the beach? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

We went there a couple years ago. It’s a nice, beautiful beach with clear water. It’s like a beach club, pay a few dollars to get in, rent chairs/umbrellas. There is food and drink with beach service. We got off the ship pretty early and went straight there, had a couple hours where it wasn’t too crowded. Bathrooms/facilities were ok. About mid-day it started getting pretty crowded. There were a good many locals trying to sell stuff...from hair braiding to drugs. One woman kept on bugging us and I finally got pretty nasty with her and she didn’t come back. Overall, we had a good time and it was a nice beach but I probably wouldn’t go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we went. Same story. Very nice beach, clear water, close by but people tried to sell us braiding, bracelets and even drugs, while we were in the water. We rented umbrella and chair and had the taxi driver come back to pick us up after a few hours. The two times we went the beach wasn’t crowded but when we got ready to leave, the covering at the entrance was full because it started raining really bad. Didn’t last long though. Last year we went on the freedom and took a carnival excursion to Dunn’s river falls. It was so fun, we stopped for lunch and shopping and glad we took the carnival tour because it was very far and we ran into a lot of traffic coming back and saw the ship powering up to prepare to leave as we waited across the way for traffic to clear. We made it in time and had to run to the ship at last call. Might not have been last call but too close for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums