MSC technology

Tabbycat37

hi, it has been a few years since we cruised with MSC. Now that their ships are much larger have they gone down the route of other cruise companies ie iPads aboard to prebook shows, meals etc.? Also do they still make all announcements in several languages all day long? Thank you in advance if you are able to reply.

hi, it has been a few years since we cruised with MSC. Now that their ships are much larger have they gone down the route of other cruise companies ie iPads aboard to prebook shows, meals etc.? Also do they still make all announcements in several languages all day long? Thank you in advance if you are able to reply.

They have a system that uses wrist bands , which come free with certain grades of cabins and at a cost in lower grades. These allow you to interact with big screens located all over the ship.

They never have had announcements "all day" in multiple languages. They are know for the few announcements they make rather than never ending numbers

Just off the Seaside.... Heard very few multi language announcements....As a matter of fact...very few announcements all week!! Captain Massa gave a daily update each afternoon...only in English. The only time I heard a multiple language announcement was when there was a very important announcement...such as a change/update in excursions which potentially impacted all passengers

MSC Seaside has large touchscreens all around the ship to book things on. Also the free MSC for me download works great , without having internet or wifi. Has the daily schedule, can book with it, see menus-wonderful app.

Also not many announcements, that's not MSC's way

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Sailed on the MSC Meraviglia in Dec 2017. Important announcements will be in many languages.

During our cruise, our ship skipped a port. I recall the long announcement was made in at least 5 languages, if not more. I only recorded the English announcement here.

[YOUTUBE]8bk4KAIn3UQ[/YOUTUBE]

We didn't have wrist bands on the cruise. The MSC for you app was enabled. It was interesting to use.

[YOUTUBE]kGwBYwSCstk[/YOUTUBE]

They had large touch-screen digital signages around the ship, like the one in the video below.

[YOUTUBE]Bi023jGmxNY[/YOUTUBE]

Is a lot of this technology only on the latest 2\3 ships. My last cruise with MSC was in 2012 on MSC Armonia but am going on MSC Sinfonia in May. As I understand that both Armonia and Sinfonia had some updating when they were lengthened I assume that there will be some additional technology compared to 2012 but not as much as on Divine and Seaside