MSC Seaside - Internet Review Needed

SternLH

i everyone !

has anyone been on MSC seaside, and if so, can you please review the internet? We have paid for the highest package, however I am a uni student and will need the Internet to work online. Is it reliable and can it be used from my balcony cabin adequately ?

All help appreciated, thankyou

I had a very different experience from the other posters. When I was on Seaside the week of March 17, we had a difficult time with the internet as the Wi-Fi kept cutting out on us repeatedly. Every few minutes it seemed we had to log out and then log in again to connect. It was very annoying and kind of time consuming. Hope you have a better experience than we did!

I had a very different experience from the other posters. When I was on Seaside the week of March 17, we had a difficult time with the internet as the Wi-Fi kept cutting out on us repeatedly. Every few minutes it seemed we had to log out and then log in again to connect. It was very annoying and kind of time consuming. Hope you have a better experience than we did!

We were on the same week and did not experience that issue. Perhaps it had to do with your stateroom location? I will say the connection wasn't as strong in the room as it was in the public areas.

We just got off the Seaside and had all 4 phones connected at the same time.

We used it to contact our daughters.

Just a few tips.

And we aren't techies so please forgive my mistakes.

1- Make sure you turn off anything that can consume megabytes, like Icloud or updates.

My wife forgot to turn her internet for 4 hours and it used 3500 megabytes.

I would turn on my internet and it would use about 25-30mg per minutes.

2- Be careful if you purchase additional megabytes. If you have any remaining megabytes left it will erase and not credit you for them.

Example: I had 2000 megabytes left in my package and received a notice that i could buy 6000 mb for $41.00.

I decided to purchase thinking it would add my remaining 2000mg to the 600mg I was purchasing for a total of 8000mg.

WRONG it erased my remaining 2000mg and just credit the 6000mg i purchased.

Spoke with the IT Department and they said "Sorry you should have read the disclosure, is in it"

Just some friendly advice

Isai

• 1 month later...

You can share the package, as far as I remember when my daughter bought on the Divina. Her and her BF shared the usage and both had their phones logged in. They at the time bought the package that allowed for two devices.

I have purchased the larger package, that allows 4 for the three of us to use this coming week.