Norweign SUN - Drinks - Coke or Pepsi?

b-lis

I am a first time NCL cruiser, and am planning on cruising the Western Caribbean in, well 10 days with some family members and we had a couple questions:

1) How much is the Soda card?

2) Does the ship have both Coke and Pepsi, or only one of the two?

3) What specific drinks are available that are non-alcoholic?

(my siblings are in their teen years and were worried...)

4) Any other good words of wisdom for a first time NCL Cruiser? I have cruised once before on Celebrity and I Loved it! I hope this cruise will be very comparable.

Thanks for the help,

b-Lis

1. depends on the age of the child.

2. Only coke product available.

Kid's Crew™ Refillable Soda Fountain Cup (12 years of age and under)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

3-day cruise

Item # 342-3 - $8.00

4 and 5-day cruises

Item #342-4 - $10.00

7-day cruise

Item #342-7 - $16.00

10-day cruise

Item #342-8 - $22.00

14-day cruise

Item #342-14 - $32.00

Teen Passport Program (13 - 17 years of age)* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #343 - $34.50

* My daughter always gets this and orders the smoothies, and non-alcoholic dacqueris. She told me she has also been able to use it for bottles of water and cans of soda.

• 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. Glass
  • The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks
  • The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Adult Soda Program.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

Unlimited Fountain Soda

The entire cruise must be purchased

Non-Refundable.

b-lis,

I was on the Sun a few weeks ago and you can buy all of this once on board. The adult cup is 42.75 for the week and you get a skicker on your room keep. The rules are no sharing and if caught you can get your sticker taken away. The cup is tall but not very big around. I doubt if a 16oz or a 20oz coke would fit in it.

For the teen, it is vouchers and once the vouchers are gone it is over. The younger kids get an arm band.

Sheldon.

b-lis,

Sorry did not answer all of your Q's.

1. Soda card for adult $42.75 per person for the 7 day.

2. It is only coke.

3. While the buffet is open there is for free tea and water. In the mornings there is juices, milk and choc milk. If the buffet is closed and you do not have a coke sticker or voucher, then you can buy one (coke, sprite) at any of the bars.

4. Tips.

a.Tendering cozumel and belize takes a little while, get your tender tickets early.

b. Seven Seas is one of the free eateries and is better than the others.

c. Enjoy the freestyle dining and eat when ever it pleases you.

d. Dune buggy excursion in Cozumel was great.

e. Cave-tubing.com with Yhone in belize was real cool.

f. For souvineers at belize get outside the port, much cheaper.

g.In roatan the souvineers are cheaper closer to the port (go figure), but west end is worth seeing. Eat at half moon bay resort, very very good.

h. Pictures. So many to look at and buy. If you want to buy, each time you get off the ship do not take multiple pictures, have the whole group in one.

All I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps.:)

Wow, Thanks for the Awesome info.

I now know what to look for once on-board.

I have been in Contact with cavetubing.com, and excited for that adventure in Belize.

What about the Tender tickets. The last cruise that I was on I didn't have to worry about tickets, we just waited in line. Where would we get tickets to get off the ship?

Thanks,

b-Lis

My DH only drinks diet, and has had no problem getting it with his coke card. He's gotten served diet at both the bars and at dinner. I haven't paid much attention, so I don't know if it's coming from a wand, or if they were opening cans for him.

The teen program smoothie coupons work great too, only I wouldn't recommend buying one for each teen unless they drink LOTS of smoothies. The program includes 20 smoothie coupons that you can redeem at any of the bars. We bought one for each of our kids (who were slightly older than the age limit) for our Alaska cruise in June, 2004. After that cruise and another one in May of 2005, I still have smoothie coupons left. They seem to stay the same, and we will just hopefully finish them up on the next cruise.

My DH and I don't drink alcohol, and we were using them too -- any of your "virgin" cocktails or smoothies are available with them.

When was the last time you saw a diet soda in a bartender's wand?

Do people actually order "scotch and soda", or "rum and coke" and expect a diet soda in the mixed drink?

Today :D Every bar and restaurant I have been in for the last 20 years has diet cola in the gun. People order Rum and diet coke all day long.

When was the last time you saw a diet soda in a bartender's wand?

Do people actually order "scotch and soda", or "rum and coke" and expect a diet soda in the mixed drink?

I use to be a bartender and yes...Diet is on every wand I have ever had.

P.S. Sprite is a coke product

If you have a mini-suite or above, you can get priority tender tickets from your conceirge.

p.s. If you know of others in a mini-suite or above, they can get you priority tickets. We did this for other members who were touring with us in Belize. That way we all got off together (and early).

Here's a new question on the whole Coke vs. Pepsi subject. Do they also have Diet Coke with Splenda? I'm alergic to Nutrasweet and have finally been able to drink diet now that there is one with Splenda. If they don't, will I be able to bring my own on board?

As long as we're on the subject, we're staying in a Courtyard Villa. I've read about the lounge where you can get soda etc. Should my children buy a Coke card, or will this lounge be a good supply?

Happy Cruising!

Archived