Best cabin choice on POA if prone to seasickness

wjcdac

We are booking the POA Sept 29, 2018. My cousin was recently on this cruise and experienced seasickness. I have been on many Caribbean cruises and never had a problem, however, I did have a bad night on a New England cruise and on the Bermuda cruise. They usually advise low and inside for this. NCL has offered us a cabin on deck 4 or deck 8. Has anyone experienced rough waters in the Pacific? What is your opinion regarding the deck choices? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are booking the POA Sept 29, 2018. My cousin was recently on this cruise and experienced seasickness. I have been on many Caribbean cruises and never had a problem, however, I did have a bad night on a New England cruise and on the Bermuda cruise. They usually advise low and inside for this. NCL has offered us a cabin on deck 4 or deck 8. Has anyone experienced rough waters in the Pacific? What is your opinion regarding the deck choices? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Always mid ship and the lower the floor the better. Having said that the sea sickness for this cruise is minimal to none because you are sailing so close to shore.

The best way to deal with seasickness is proactively. Take medication an hour before leaving the pier and continue taking it every day for the cruise. Meclizine (Bonine) works great. Choosing a room solely based on chance of seasickness makes no sense since most of the time on a cruise is generally spent outside the cabin in venues that are all over the ship.

Always mid ship and the lower the floor the better. Having said that the sea sickness for this cruise is minimal to none because you are sailing so close to shore.

Thank you for this information.

The best way to deal with seasickness is proactively. Take medication an hour before leaving the pier and continue taking it every day for the cruise. Meclizine (Bonine) works great. Choosing a room solely based on chance of seasickness makes no sense since most of the time on a cruise is generally spent outside the cabin in venues that are all over the ship.

Good point. I also realize that we will be off ship most of the day, so that should help. Unfortunately, I can't take any of the medications.

• 2 weeks later...

Try SeaBands. They put pressure against points in your wrist which are anti nausea acupressure points. Also, my former brother in law who is a ship captain and harbor pilot says as lower deck and midship is best for stability.