MTD and specialty dining

Hi, we're on an Alaskan cruise on Radiance of the Seas in June. We haven't been on a cruise since our children were born 10 years ago, and we've never been on Royal Caribbean. I've been trying to read and find out all the dining options, so please tell me if any of this is incorrect.

We are doing the my time dining because I'm not 100% sure when we'll get back on port days. We are going to do reservations, and hopefully will be on time for all of them. If we show up a few minutes early or late, we may or may not have to wait a few minutes for a table from what I understand. I was contemplating doing specialty dining but wondered if it was worth it or not. Especially with children who can be a little picky. Although the older girl does love steak :) Is there a preferred specialty dining experience on Radiance? Also, we like our desserts. From what I understand, there is an ice cream place on the ship… and possibly a cupcake place… Although that might be on other Royal Caribbean ships. Are there any other places that are quick to get in and get out where you can get something sweet? Thank you!

Bo Peep ~ If you are doing MTD, and have made reservations, you are pretty much guaranteed to be seated at your time. You do not have to wait in line with others who have not made a reservation.

I love the Radiance class of ships - it has a great flow. There is a frozen yogurt station in the Windjammer but I don't believe there is a cupcake place.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Bo Peep ~ If you are doing MTD, and have made reservations, you are pretty much guaranteed to be seated at your time. You do not have to wait in line with others who have not made a reservation.

I love the Radiance class of ships - it has a great flow. There is a frozen yogurt station in the Windjammer but I don't believe there is a cupcake place.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you! Glad to know about the frozen yogurt :). I just realized the Windjammer has a lot of options and am looking forward to trying it out :)

You'll have a great cruise! Loved Alaska! There's so much to do. Are you sailing from Seward back to Vancouver or vice versa? The year we went it was remarkably warm. Watch the weather! The only time we had to bundle up was when the ship went in to see the glacier.

We are leaving from Vancouver and headed towards Seward. :). I'm so looking forward to it… But also as it gets closer all these questions are coming up, especially with kids. But I know I'll have a fantastic time. We have wanted to go for years!