1st time on a cruise need some info

Rescuejb40

hey poeple i just got my info on my cruise with royalcaribbean . Never been on one so i leave jan 14th. so is there anythig i should do before i leave// someone told me i should get on some website and fill out info for the govt to let them know where i m going???? Also do i need to change my money over to the country i m going to ??? Also what hapen something goes down and i get in to trouble who do i get to come help me ? im so worried of this not saying i m going there to look for a fight but lets say something happen and i got in the middle

of this for somehow and they want me to go down to the station???

If you can please email me at rescuejb40@aol.com

thanks

jb

First of all, I would never do anything in a foreign country that would get you "taken down to the station". If you get caught up in a foreign jail, who knows how long you will be there and what their laws are. You could be there for months. However, if you did happen upon trouble in another country, I would first contact the American Embassy for guidance. Finally I will say, God help you if you ended up in trouble with the law in a foreign country - just control yourself and don't do it.

By the way, most foreign countries take american money but just to be sure, I would look up the countries you are visiting on the net and check out their currency info....

Also do i need to change my money over to the country i m going to ???
What islands will you be visiting? The answer will depend on the country. Most islands will happily accept your US$ and credit cards.

Do your best to stay out of trouble, especially stay far away from drugs.

To answer another of your questions: you need to go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com and fill out your pre-cruise documents. I would suggest to do it asap.

We have NEVER had to get our money exchanged. All the islands will take your American $$$$. You need to bring along small bills, though, so that you don't end up with change in their local coinage.

Also, as posted above, please don't even THINK of doing anything not appropriate. Other countries do not have the same rules we do. You could find yourself in BIG TIME trouble!

Also, be sure to get your raised seal government issued birth certificate. You HAVE to have that and a driver's license or a passport to board the ship.

I'm not sure that's accurate. I belive that passports are necessary effective 1/1/06.

Can someone else verify this for us?

Ithink you will also be OK with an expired passport if you have one for now. As for getting in trouble keep it off the land and leav it on the shipo at least it is easier to explain yourself to the Captain than to some random cop in a foreign country.

Guest nemo2005

I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere - but it seems to me that if you have a current passport, you could leave your birth certificate at home. That is part of the purpose of having the passport, right?

Archived