Cococay- cabana vs bungalow

Lmm79

Well, older DD will be using the beach wheelchair on the sand, so maybe they'll let me use it to bring her to the bathroom. How I'll fare, I'm not sure ��

Younger DD has celiac, so I'm hoping the upgraded lunch will have more options for her.

For what it’s worth, they were very attentive to my shellfish allergy. Food gets preordered at Wunderland restaurant on day 2 or 3. My food was brought on a separate tray than the other lunches and everything was sealed up. Perhaps they would offer you a celiac lunch tray??

For what it’s worth, they were very attentive to my shellfish allergy. Food gets preordered at Wunderland restaurant on day 2 or 3. My food was brought on a separate tray than the other lunches and everything was sealed up. Perhaps they would offer you a celiac lunch tray??

Well, we're in a cabana, not a bungalow, so I don't believe the trays are an option. We're supposed to go to the Main dining room on day one, and talk to them about all of her options, so maybe we'll address it then. We can also go to the shore excursions desk, and talk to them. I may ask for a tray for her if that's necessary, so thanks for the idea

We have done both the bungalow and cabana. We were just there last month. IMHO the cabana is the way to go, especially with little kids who want to be in water. Although the bungalow has a nice location, the water by the bungalow had a lot of sea grass and a rocky location there, not good for the little ones to swim. The cabana area was all sand in water, on a nice roped off area, perfect for swimming and floating on the mats that are provided. There were a bunch of families with kids there, and kids were having a Blast playing/ swimming in the water and on beach. Plus the private Buffett in cabana area was awesome! Bar for both is close. Cabana was just more private with a nicer swimming area, also a lot of fish swimming around in the water for the kids to check out! You also get a deck with the cabana.

But no matter which one you pick- you will enjoy it. They are really both nice. We just love the cabana. Coco cay is one of our favorite places to visit.

Thank you. The beach beds are sold out for our July trip and the price difference between the cabana ($309) and the bungalow ($279) isn't that much. We are hoping to have the better location for swimming for the kids.

Thank you. The beach beds are sold out for our July trip and the price difference between the cabana ($309) and the bungalow ($279) isn't that much. We are hoping to have the better location for swimming for the kids.

Sounds like a good decision, since the cabanas are no longer reported to have rocks between them and the water.

Wishing you a very relaxing & enjoyable day!

• 3 months later...
Hi, which of the two (cabana or bungalow) would be better for someone in a wheel chair?

Thanks!

Can the person get out of the chair & climb a free steps? They have a golf cart to bring you most of the way, & a beach wheelchair for over sand, to get to the cabanas, but you do have to climb a couple of steps in. I believe the bungalow is just slightly elevated, so you might be able to wheel them up by elevating the front wheels.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

We have done both the bungalow and cabana. We were just there last month. IMHO the cabana is the way to go, especially with little kids who want to be in water. Although the bungalow has a nice location, the water by the bungalow had a lot of sea grass and a rocky location there, not good for the little ones to swim. The cabana area was all sand in water, on a nice roped off area, perfect for swimming and floating on the mats that are provided. There were a bunch of families with kids there, and kids were having a Blast playing/ swimming in the water and on beach. Plus the private Buffett in cabana area was awesome! Bar for both is close. Cabana was just more private with a nicer swimming area, also a lot of fish swimming around in the water for the kids to check out! You also get a deck with the cabana.

But no matter which one you pick- you will enjoy it. They are really both nice. We just love the cabana. Coco cay is one of our favorite places to visit.

Do you have any photos of both? Everything I read just confuses me more.

Bungalows: Pre-order food, rockier beach, slightly closer to bathrooms and activities, Solid back wall, curtain sides, no snorkeling equipment or beach mats/chairs

Cabana: Deluxe buffet, deck PLUS bungalow, no rocks, private beach, snorkeling equipment

Is that about right? Thanks a lot!!