Priority Debark Question

tafische

Hi

They do this for priority self assist. You are in a segregated area and when they are ready to start debarkation, they come to get you all and lead you off the ship. They then allow the rest of the people doing self assist to join the line.

They won't bring you to the front of the line after they have started calling the zones. At this point you get in line with everybody else.

Ok, I guess I've been imagining it all this time. Good to know.

As far as I've experienced on 3 cruise lines, yes. You usually get a letter the night before telling you where the priority lounge is. Sometimes there are light refreshments, sometimes not.

We were just suite and FTTF on Carnival. Our lounge was the mid ship dining room. Once there the sign said all suite, FTTF and diamond/platinum passengers. We actually received two sets of priority docs. One number apart - #3 and #4. I have no clue which was suite and which was FTTF but both were allowed off at the same time and luggage was in the same area. It seems like #1 was called first then 2-4 but I honestly can't remember.

Carnival was strict and you needed to show proof you were priority before entering. I can't remember Princess ever doing that.

I would love Carnival to do that consistently. I don't remember any crew member asking to see my Sign & Sail card. I have been Diamond since the VIFP program started and I have probably been asked about status but never had to show a card. On RCCL some ships have reserved seating in some entertainment venues for Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and the larger suites. I have often been asked to show my card there.