First time on Carnival – Any must see/must do's?

FloriDan

Just wanted to clarify on the person who posted about the serenity area which definitely yes they're right is a must-do. I have not been on this ship but I'm sailing on it in September so of course doing my homework and I see via pics of the serenity deck there are two hot tubs.

Food: experience everything. Try the pizza, Guy's, BlueIguana, MDR. There's lots of great food!

Drinks: if you like cocktails, try Alchemy. It's quite popular

Punchliner is my favorite entertainment

I'll admit that I was very pleased with the variety of food venues and options available. I also enjoyed being able to go at different times depending on what I wanted. The Blue Iguana closed earlier than I would have liked and I only got fish tacos once but I enjoy it and I got to try a little bit of everything. Except for the elegant night we ate in the main dining room every night and we were blown away. For us it was a treat and it was spectacular to experience and I'm glad we got to do it.

Just wanted to clarify on the person who posted about the serenity area which definitely yes they're right is a must-do. I have not been on this ship but I'm sailing on it in September so of course doing my homework and I see via pics of the serenity deck there are two hot tubs.

Regretfully, I did not get to enjoy the Serenity. My husband checked it out but said it was too crowded to really relax so I didn't Venture down there.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert after dinner in the MDR.

OOOHHH that stuff is so good! If anything can make it better try asking for two scoops of orange sherbet with your Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I am also a big fan of the Serenity Spa after dark. It's open til 11:00pm and usually pretty quiet by then. I'll order a pepperoni pizza with extra pepperoni from the Pizza Pirate and have a little nite-nite snack before a hot soak.

I second Seaday brunch...I'll agree that the service can be lacking during this compared to dinner but the Huevos Rancheros and Steak & Eggs are great, but I DREAM about Hey Pork Chop! and can't wait to get back to have it again. I'm really sad our cruise coming up only has one Seaday!

Also, if your ship has Alchemy Bar and you like custom cocktails, it's a must. We frequent it every night.

Room Service breakfast is something we wish we had done from the beginning. We don't order much, just some pastries and coffee but we don't play well with others until after coffee so it's nice not to have to tread upstairs for it. :loudcry::')

If you see Pizza Pirate Plus on the FunTimes, it's only for a short time (I think like 11:30p-1a?) and the Lasagna is fantastic! Share it to soak up some of the alcohol for an easier morning ;-)

And most important, have so much fun!

You've received a lot of great tips already. I'll just add my 2 cents. We agree with those who recommend Guy's Burgers -- Yum! We also enjoyed the Steakhouse and are looking forward to eating there again in July. I don't know about water slides on the Paradise, but we really enjoyed them on the Breeze. Go ahead and act like a kid and enjoy the slides if they are available on your ship. Got to all the shows! We love the marriage show and comedy shows. Sleep in and take long naps on your sea days so you will be rested up for port days. Order the chocolate melting cake as often as possible! The cheese plate offered on the dessert menu is excellent -- and also makes a great appetizer. I'm sure there's more, but you already have the right attitude -- "A mediocre day on board is better than just about any day on land!"

Have a great cruise!

Regretfully, I did not get to enjoy the Serenity. My husband checked it out but said it was too crowded to really relax so I didn't Venture down there.

One of the reasons we switched to NCL was because the Serenity Deck had gone from a quiet, relaxing place playing zen/meditation music to a loud, adult, party music blasting lido deck. I just felt like there were already places like that and the Serenity Deck was for...well...serenity ;) So we found that in the NCL spas. But one of the last times I cruised Carnival, my cousin and I hit the Serenity Deck early, relaxed until early afternoon when it got loud and crowded and then we moved on. So that's what I have planned this trip.

If I missed this reading through the posts my apologies. Watch your Funtimes for the Cooking Demo in the Steakhouse. Very interesting and you get to try several different items they make right there. I believe it is the first Sea Day.

“Sea Day brunch, the steak and eggs they serve filet mignon it is fantastic!”

Totally agree with this. TIP: request “real” eggs if ordering scrambled or an omelet.

Also, the banana cream pie is THE BEST dessert on the ship!

What you mean by "real eggs"? :)

One thing I have not seen mentioned is the Omelet Station. Somewhere in or near the Lido Buffet, there should be a place making made-to-order omelets and fried eggs... no extra charge.

On the Sunshine it was around the corner to the back, in the Havana Bar area... so sometimes you have to look for it.

“Sea Day brunch, the steak and eggs they serve filet mignon it is fantastic!”

Totally agree with this. TIP: request “real” eggs if ordering scrambled or an omelet.

Also, the banana cream pie is THE BEST dessert on the ship!

The banana cream pie is AMAZING!!!