Extreme Tubing For Kids in Belize

pina

Has anyone gone on the excursion Extreme Tubing for Kids? This is our first cruise and I am unsure about booking anything that is not from the NCL excursions. The problem is, through ncl you have to be 12 or older. My daughters are 6 and 11, and Extreme tubing for kids you have to be 5 or older. Any feedback?

I can't comment on the Extreme Tubing, but we did cave tubing through Coral Breeze in Belize last year with my then 8 year old dd. Our guide was excellent about keeping her with him during the slightly rougher waters. She is a good swimmer, too (you wear life preservers). We had a blast and are booked through them again to do the river tubing.

I must say it was nice not booking through NCL... had we relied on NCL 2 out of the 3 excursions we had booked would have been cancelled due to rough weather or rough weather the day before. Of course you do run the risk of not making the ship on time, but these contractors that cater to the ships do have reputation to uphold so that is very unlikely to happen.

Have fun!

Ali

I just returned from the Dawn on 12/22 and we did the Xtreme Cave Tubing in Belize. There just aren't enough words to describe the experience! I would do it over and over again in a heartbeat! My husband and I along with some fellow cruisemates that I met on the roll call took the tour. I booked it on-line prior to sailing from home. I paid 20% at the time of booking and paid the rest (in cash) when we got there. It is about a 45 minute drive in a nice air-conditioned bus to the caves with J.P. telling you all about the island during the drive. J.P. and the other guides were exceptional in explaining everything we needed to know for the caves and were very aware of our safety at all times. I absolutely loved this tour and would highly recommend it to everyone! As for your question about the children...yes, it would be just fine for them. The guides have each person hook their legs under the arms of the person in front of them. We had about 19 people on our tour and formed two (8 people each) chains. It's absolutely gorgeous in the caves!! Do I sound like I enjoyed it or what?! All I can say is I wish I were there now! Have a blast!

Archived