Tahitian Princess Balcony questions

bostoncruisergirl

Hi!

We are close to booking on the Tahitian Princess for next September 18th, the Cook Islands itinerary. I would really like to book a balcony room but have never had one before so I have a couple of questions:

The best price we have gotten is for a category BC room- should we book a specific room or chose a GUAR and have the chance for something better? If we book a specific room for this itinerary is it better to be on the port or starboard side or doesn't matter?

Thanks!!!

Hi! We are close to booking on the Tahitian Princess for next September 18th, the Cook Islands itinerary. I would really like to book a balcony room but have never had one before so I have a couple of questions:

The best price we have gotten is for a category BC room- should we book a specific room or chose a GUAR and have the chance for something better? If we book a specific room for this itinerary is it better to be on the port or starboard side or doesn't matter? Thanks!!!

All balconies are pretty much the same sizewise.... so I would choose the specific room you want. I do not think there is much to gain trying for an upgrade (chances of a suite are slim). Port or starboard is a tossup. Many / Most ports are tendered and those that dock can come in either side.

It's a great trip.... Would go again in a minute...:D

boston, are you a past Princess cruiser? If so, Princess was recently running a special that I think expires the middle of January where all balcony cabins were the same price on most sailings on the Tahitian, if you've sailed with Princess before. I can't remember the promotion code, but you might want to call Princess and check with them about it.

The very aft balcony cabins, the ones that are in between the aft corner suites, supposedly have bigger balconies than the other balcony cabins, and I think maybe the very forward balcony cabins are the same, the ones that are in between the forward corner suites. I think all the aft balcony cabins are category BA. Otherwise, I think all the balcony cabins are the same size/shape (the interiors are all identical, even the aft balcony cabins).

Remember, that forward and aft facing balconies are bigger but are cut out of the hull, so you cannot lie in bed and look out the sliding doors at the beautiful scenery. But they are bigger balconies. If you want the bigger balconies then make sure you tell your T.A. not to upgrade you without prior approval. With a guarantee you could get a balcony that is not too your liking. Mini-suites and balconies seem to fill up on the Tahitian.

We had a balcony this past Sept...room 7063..it is SB side mid ship. If you or anyone you are travelling with is prone to seasickness..stay in the middle of the ship! This ship pitches ALOT. I had the worst time eating in the buffet area on deck 9 and the two alternative restaurants on 10..they were both aft(I think..losing my bearings now) and being higher up..pitched alot and could not eat there..the main dining room could be bad on sea days..I found staying in my cabin to eat in the mornings helped..but even then it did pitch alot!

I don't know if you really need to have the biggest balcony..just a balcony should be fine. We actually were out on excursions and then todinner and then shows or whatever..we actually hardly had time to spend on the balcony afterall..it was nice to have it when you sailed in to ports and we had our anniversary "breakfast in bed" as a "breakfast on balcony" while docked in Bora Bora..that was nice.

I liked our cabin because one side was a wall between the two cabins..so we only had one neighbor divided by the screen.

I doubt you will get upgrades as this ship is usually fully booked, but you may get stuck with a cabin you don't like because of location.

This is a great cruise! You will love Tahiti..and Cooks if you can actually tender there...we didn't! :-/

We had a balcony this past Sept...room 7063..it is SB side mid ship. If you or anyone you are travelling with is prone to seasickness..stay in the middle of the ship! This ship pitches ALOT. I had the worst time eating in the buffet area on deck 9 and the two alternative restaurants on 10..they were both aft(I think..losing my bearings now) and being higher up..pitched alot and could not eat there..the main dining room could be bad on sea days..I found staying in my cabin to eat in the mornings helped..but even then it did pitch alot!

I don't know if you really need to have the biggest balcony..just a balcony should be fine. We actually were out on excursions and then todinner and then shows or whatever..we actually hardly had time to spend on the balcony afterall..it was nice to have it when you sailed in to ports and we had our anniversary "breakfast in bed" as a "breakfast on balcony" while docked in Bora Bora..that was nice.

I liked our cabin because one side was a wall between the two cabins..so we only had one neighbor divided by the screen.

I doubt you will get upgrades as this ship is usually fully booked, but you may get stuck with a cabin you don't like because of location.

This is a great cruise! You will love Tahiti..and Cooks if you can actually tender there...we didn't! :-/

We have been on the TP twice. The first time we were in 7022 a regular balcony cabin and the second time in 8038 which was a mini. We liked them both and except for one night the ship did not pitch a lot. We never had any problems eating or sleeping. However, if you are prone to seasickness, I would recommend a cabin mid ship on deck 6 or 7. Just remember the closer you are to the front the louder the anchor being released is when the ship anchors at a tender port.

Our group in on the TP sailing on the 24th also - we have five cabins on the starboard side - deck 7- Four cabins are side by side. We plan to open the sides between the balconies for cocktail parties - at sunset (a tradition ).....but hope they are easy enough to close for daytime privacy. We've never had friends /cabins side by side - so we are excited about the chance to try this.....but don't want to lose the wonderful peace we've found on our balcony on previous cruises.

Archived