Falls, Canopy-how much can we squeeze in?

jana616

After seeing reviews on here about the Canopy Tour, I would really like to do that. However, it seems like Dunns River Falls is a not to be missed experience as well. Is there time to do both? We are supposed to be there from 8-5. We could do the Canopy at 8:30. It says it takes 4 hours and 15 minutes, so we should be done by 1 pm. That would leave us 4 hours to do something else. Could we get from the Canopy place to the Falls, do those, and make it back to the ship without killing ourselves? How far apart are the Canopy, Falls, and ship? If you think there isn't time to do all this, which one is better? Help!

Just addressed this on the main RCCL page. I don't know how to cut and paste it, so I will just type it again. You should have time. Our canopy tour was 9:30 and the ship left at 4:00. It would be pushing it too hard with our hours. But, if you take the 8:30 tour, I would think it would be ok. You will be able to stay right on the bus after they drop people off at the pier and they will take you directly to the falls and pick you back up, for an additional $10. This does not include admission to the falls. Dunns Falls is not to be missed, but I would not miss the canopy tour either. However, if this is the only time you are going to Jamaica, and will go somewhere else that would have the canopy tour, I would do Dunns Falls. From the pier the canopy tour is quite a drive to the start, but not as far from the finish as a lot of time is spent driving up the mountain slowly to get there. The falls are actually on the way back to the ship, but they will only take you there after dropping people back at the pier. It really isn't that far back to the falls and like I said, with that much time, you will make it. They seemed like a very reliable tour company and wouldn't want bad publicity if you missed the ship. If you do both, you will have a fantastic day.

We booked a tour with A-Z Planners several months ago for our Jamaica stop on 12/21. We had a wonderful tour of Jamaica stopping first at Dunns River Falls which was a blast. Then at Wassi Pottery where Mickey had a guide give us a tour then we drove through Fern Gully stopping for pictures along the mountains. Our final stop was the river tubing which was the highlight of our tour. It was so much fun. Highly recommend this tour. We started about 9:30 and got back about 3PM. Mickey was just great as our guide. We had a customized tour to what we wanted to see in Jamaica.

If I can answer any questions please ask away.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carleah..

Did your ship dock in Montego Bay? If so, how far was it from the dock to the falls? How was the ride? Were there stops along the way coming or going to see other interesting things?

Thanks for anything you can share.

Valerie

Archived