Hamilton - things to do/see

HardyVA

We enjoyed walking around the main streets and looking at the sights. Also a beautiful park to walk through is Queen Elizabeth Park on the western end of Reid Street. We did the walk to Fort Hamilton above the city. Very nice as I recall. There are many historic buildings and Church's to view and visit in Hamilton.

Hope this helps and Happy Cruising

Maybe the day would be better spent going somewhere other than Hamilton?

Hamilton is worth visiting but you may not want to spend the whole day there. I usually combine Hamilton with something else. Hamilton is a central location so you can combine it with something else like Crystal Caves, Swizzle Inn, Admiralty Park, BAMZ, Botanical Gardens, a beach, etc. etc.

Charles- thanks for your reply...you probably don't remember, but you have always given me good advice to me regarding Bermuda. This will be our 4th cruise to be Bermuda and we have spent very little time in Hamilton. W would you suggest we get to the Botanical Gardens, Admiralty Park from the ferry in Hamilton? Also what is BAMZ?

Charles- thanks for your reply...you probably don't remember, but you have always given me good advice to me regarding Bermuda. This will be our 4th cruise to be Bermuda and we have spent very little time in Hamilton. W would you suggest we get to the Botanical Gardens, Admiralty Park from the ferry in Hamilton? Also what is BAMZ?

BAMZ is the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo. You can get there by bus or taxi from Hamilton. Same with Admiralty House Park and Botanical Gardens. Those three are on different bus routes so they can’t be done as a sequence. From the ferry terminal to catch any of those buses there are a few blocks to walk to the central bus terminal. Taxis can be caught at the taxi stand on Front Street close to the the ferry terminal or at several other taxi stands on Front Street.