Teppanacky restaurant on the Getaway

compliance

I must have been unlucky all 6 times I have eaten there! I only go because others in my cruise group love the place.

Every time we have gone there, we have always had way more than we can eat. I usually get the seafood one with calamari, shrimp and scallops. I have way more seafood then I could dream of eating. My husband and son have been able to order a combo of steak and seafood. They get the filet mignon and shrimp, but substitute scallops for shrimp. Again all of us leave food on our plates. I am sorry you have not experienced that...

I do agree, by the way, about the lack of options (with regard to the starters/desserts, mains are fine in my opinion). I’m usually the only one from our family who eats more than a mouthful or so of the starters, and neither of the desserts appeal at all. I’d love a few more options there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't tried the green tea cake and ice cream with brittle. Try it! It is delicious! It looks/sounds like it wouldn't be, but it is yum! The fruit is ok, but nothing stand outish.

I like miso soup and the salad. We all eat up our appetizers. The endame when served is probably the only thing we don't enjoy.

Only if we are talking Teppanyaki on the Spirit, Jewel, Getaway, Sun, Dawn, Epic, or Gem. They do give you all of the rice you want so if you like filling up on fluff you will be fine.

For the record, One of your ships the Dawn we have sailed on and dined there more than once. We have been on the Breakaway which is a sister ship to the Getaway.

Then I guess it was steak and shrimp! Its probably just a difference of opinion as to what a small/average/large portion is. I do not like that seaweed and (nasty) brown water they call soup so by the time the main course gets to me I am already behind everyone.

Why do you keep going back for “nasty” food?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then I guess it was steak and shrimp! Its probably just a difference of opinion as to what a small/average/large portion is. I do not like that seaweed and (nasty) brown water they call soup so by the time the main course gets to me I am already behind everyone.

No it could have been steak and scallops as they allow you to substitute the scallops for the shrimp.