Tropicana show

jstcruizin

We booked online and I have heard that it is easy to get a taxi there and back. Just negotiate the price before you get in. As for an age limit. Some on our cruise group said it is 16. Maybe on the website they have the information. Dawn

When we take the whole ship [PEARL MIST] there always appear to be locals and tourists who just show up, pay the charge to get in at the desk without any problem. I've never seen it totally full. It's in Spanish, of course, but it's a great show. It starts at 10PM and finishes about midnight. Typical show stuff but on a huge scale. Nothing particularly risque, actually pretty conservative like Cuba. I've not seen kids: it's late, and it's really not something younger kids would be interested in. It is outdoors, although it feels like an indoor theater with trees over the area. It can rain. Sprinkle, show goes on, they just wipe off the stage. Really rain, they can take it indoors into a much smaller venue, and the show is scaled down somewhat. When you go in they give the guys cigars, not the best but hey they are Cuban, and the women a flower. And yes, it's Cuba, so folks do smoke the cigars, but it's open and not really an issue for most people. I don't know how it works if you go on your own, but the cruise groups always receive a "welcome" drink of champagne, and then a bottle of Cuban rum, one bottle for every four people (!!!), a bucket of ice, and a can of cola ... DIY Cuba Libres! It's a fun evening! Don't miss it!

Sure you can pay when you get there BUT what if it sells out are you going to take that chance ot ? You would be not happy I am sure like the people we where with in Kuala Lumpur that did not buy tickets in advance and when they got to the Petronas towers it was sold out Even if you buy your own ticket you get "welcome" drink of champagne, and then a bottle of Cuban rum, one bottle for every four people (!!!), a bucket of ice, and a can of cola not just the cruise lines. Its the same thing as you HAVE to do a tour with the cruise lines to be able to satisfy the requirement to get off ship bad information.

Just google up Tropicana Cuba and buy from their website. Taxis are easy and everywhere. The whole government requirement stuff in not monitored in any fashion at all. Just enjoy yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if you buy your own ticket you get "welcome" drink of champagne, and then a bottle of Cuban rum, one bottle for every four people (!!!), a bucket of ice, and a can of cola not just the cruise lines. Its the same thing as you HAVE to do a tour with the cruise lines to be able to satisfy the requirement to get off ship bad information.
Who said anything about "just the cruise lines" or "have to do a tour with the cruise line"??? Bad reading.