Princess Transfer from SEATAC

Jeter02

I'm looking at doing the Princess transfer to and from the port in Seattle. Where do they usually pick up the passengers at the airport? Is there a long wait to get on the buses to leave for the port? And how often are the buses around to pickup?

Princess Transfer check in is all the way past baggage claim 15. You check in and wait until they fill up a bus - - or you wait for the next bus if you get there at the busy time. Once you check in for your transfer, Princess takes your luggage and you don't see it again until you get to your room. Your wait depends on how many busses they have and how many disembarking passengers from the cruise before you are coming back to the airport.

When we used Princess transfer from SEA to Canada Place last year, we arrived at 8:30 and eventually left at 10:00. It might be different for SEA to Pier 91 in SEA.

I'll report back after my Northern California Coastal on Sept 22 this year with our SEA to Pier 91 experience.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your response. Last year when I did the same trip I took Uber both ways, unfortunately it cost me way more than I would have liked. I guess that's the price I get for being impatient.

Not sure how I feel about not seeing my luggage till it arrives to my room, as I am the type who always carries my own luggage on This gives me something to think about. I leave in June, so I have a month to decide.

Princess Transfer check in is all the way past baggage claim 15. You check in and wait until they fill up a bus - - or you wait for the next bus if you get there at the busy time. Once you check in for your transfer, Princess takes your luggage and you don't see it again until you get to your room. Your wait depends on how many busses they have and how many disembarking passengers from the cruise before you are coming back to the airport.

When we used Princess transfer from SEA to Canada Place last year, we arrived at 8:30 and eventually left at 10:00. It might be different for SEA to Pier 91 in SEA.

I'll report back after my Northern California Coastal on Sept 22 this year with our SEA to Pier 91 experience.

If you are able to handle your luggage easily and want to save some money, you can take the sky train to downtown and catch an Uber from there. It's a little bit of a pain, but it would save you some money over taking a taxi/uber the whole way and will definitely save time. I have less than fond memories of time spent in a traffic jam in Seattle.

Thanks. I will look into the sky train. I know when i did uber from sea tac to airport it was roughly $45. It was leaving they doubled the fare. lesson learned on that one. Luckily this year I have a 10am flight arrival day of.

If you are able to handle your luggage easily and want to save some money' date=' you can take the sky train to downtown and catch an Uber from there. It's a little bit of a pain, but it would save you some money over taking a taxi/uber the whole way and will definitely save time. I have less than fond memories of time spent in a traffic jam in Seattle.[/quote']

I'd have to look up current prices, but as I recall the cost from SEATAC to downtown was less than $5 pp, and the Uber to the cruise terminal was maybe $11 or $12 from the downtown station. Total for 2 people was about $20. Buying the pass for the light rail is very easy--the machines and the station are right at the airport (a short walk from baggage check). This was far faster than getting stuck in highway traffic between the airport and downtown, but it isn't the physically easiest way to go as you'll be handling all your own luggage.

You are correct. I just did some quick research on it all. Very interesting to read, as I never knew of this. Very clever and inexpensive way. Thanks again for the tip.

I'd have to look up current prices' date=' but as I recall the cost from SEATAC to downtown was less than $5 pp, and the Uber to the cruise terminal was maybe $11 or $12 from the downtown station. Total for 2 people was about $20. Buying the pass for the light rail is very easy--the machines and the station are right at the airport (a short walk from baggage check). This was far faster than getting stuck in highway traffic between the airport and downtown, but it isn't the physically easiest way to go as you'll be handling all your own luggage.[/quote']

I learned on my roll call there is a free secure luggage transfer from the Seattle cruise terminal to the airport when you go home. They attach your luggage tags the night before, when you put out your luggage, and you can spend any extra time touring Seattle rather than babysitting luggage. It is called port valet. It seems like a great thing, and since our after-cruise flight leaves around 3pm, we might do that.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

I learned on my roll call there is a free secure luggage transfer from the Seattle cruise terminal to the airport when you go home. They attach your luggage tags the night before, when you put out your luggage, and you can spend any extra time touring Seattle rather than babysitting luggage. It is called port valet. It seems like a great thing, and since our after-cruise flight leaves around 3pm, we might do that.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

WOW! Sounds like a free version of EZ Check. OK, not totally, but same idea.

$29 pp each way for my cruise coming up in September

We did the light rail from the Airport to the Amtrak Station once. Wrangling suitcases on and off the train was not fun. The trains have no designated luggage space so if you have actual luggage rather than airline carry on-size it is really tough. We had suitcases with "rollies" and every time the train rounded a curve or stopped we had to corral the suitcases from running down the aisle. We won't to that again. YMMV.

$29 pp each way for my cruise coming up in September

We did the light rail from the Airport to the Amtrak Station once. Wrangling suitcases on and off the train was not fun. The trains have no designated luggage space so if you have actual luggage rather than airline carry on-size it is really tough. We had suitcases with "rollies" and every time the train rounded a curve or stopped we had to corral the suitcases from running down the aisle. We won't to that again. YMMV.

Maybe because we were used to dealing with luggage on the tube in London, we really didn't have a problem with rolling luggage on the light rail. True, you can't place it to the side and ignore it; you need to keep a hand on the luggage to keep it steady. (or a foot/leg strategically placed).

When we used the Princess transfer SEA to Canada Place in 2010, it was at the other end, near baggage claim 1. Obviously, that was a long time ago, BUT my wife flies a fair amount for business, and I've frequently seen Holland America/Princess reps hovering by claim 2. I also think security checkpoint 1 (near bag claim 1 and the A terminal) is only operated on Fri/Sat/Sun during cruise season. Again, I'm not able to say anything definitive that claim 15 is wrong, just pointing out a possibility that it may be at the other end...