NCL Dawn - Guppies Playroom?

I have seen photos and threads pertaining to a playroom on the DAWN designed for toddlers (not a drop off / daycare type of room, but more of a space where parents can take their kids and play with them where they have some toys and stuff for the kids to play with). Can anyone who has cruised on the Dawn recently speak to whether this is accurate? Hubby and I are really trying to determine whether a cruise with our 2 year old makes sense this year :D, or whether we should wait until she's a bit older :(

I have not sailed on the Dawn yet, but I have done a lot of reading about this since we will be taking our 1 1/2 year old on the Dawn this summer (and it is our first cruise with kids). There is a Guppies room that is open most of the day (9am-9pm as far as I can tell) for open play where parents need to be there with their kids. Then once or twice a day, the kids club staff lead a little "class" with activities around a theme. So you are correct in that there is no drop-off times at all, but there is a place with kid toys that they can go play, you just have to be there. The other thing to consider is that there is no in-cabin babysitting on NCL (this wasn't a factor for us, as we are travelling with extended family who have said they will be happy to supervise the occasional nap or bedtime, but it could be a factor for you, that's why I mentioned it).

I got most of my info from the NCL website, and the family cruises board here. I also have seen copies of the Dailies (from the first Bermuda sailings in 2018) that have this info on it.

If you haven't checked out the Family Cruises board I highly recommend it, I have gotten so many great tips and ideas from there, especially about packing!:D

I haven't been on the Dawn with kids yet, but have been on Epic with a 10 month old and Breakaway with a 2 year old. We used the Guppies play room quite a bit on both ships. We'll be on Dawn next month with 4 year old and 9 month old and plan to find the Guppies play room for the baby to play in some! I also don't know how old she'll be (big difference between barely 2 and almost 3!) but if she's potty trained by then Dawn has a great kids pool area at the back of the ship.

I haven't been on the Dawn with kids yet, but have been on Epic with a 10 month old and Breakaway with a 2 year old. We used the Guppies play room quite a bit on both ships. We'll be on Dawn next month with 4 year old and 9 month old and plan to find the Guppies play room for the baby to play in some! I also don't know how old she'll be (big difference between barely 2 and almost 3!) but if she's potty trained by then Dawn has a great kids pool area at the back of the ship.
Nope, haven't started potty training just yet. She'll be 2 when we sail so will likely be in the middle of that process lol. I'm kind of bummed she can't use any of the pools or water stuff but my SIL made a good point, she's still young enough that she doesn't know it's even there lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app