Vibe and Fitness Pass - 2 Things I Didn’t Know

Finished up a trip on the Getaway yesterday and learned two new things.

1. Vibe: we were boarding group 13, and I didn’t think we’d be able to get a Vibe pass, but we did — so don’t despair, you could get lucky. Vibe was great and we used it all week, but I didn’t know that smoking is allowed in there. We were lucky and had polite smokers but I’d hate to pay for a Vibe pass and be in there with a ton of smokers who didn’t bother to move away from others. On the other hand, if you’re a smoker, Vibe seems like an even BETTER get, since the other smoking spaces get really crowded.

2. I know most people don’t cruise to work out, which is why I couldn’t find this info, but a fitness pass, which allows you unlimited extra-fee classes, costs $70 (plus 18% gratuity) Classes range from $15 to $35 each (plus gratuity), so if you do more than two RYDE classes ($35 each) it’s worth it but not if you just want Yoga or Pilates ($15 each). The classes themselves were good, and I thought the pass was worth it but I wish they had more early morning classes particularly on port days — I’m not going to want to work out at 5:00 pm after a day of exploring.

What time were the classes generally offered? Is the schedule posted for the week or do you only find out class times the day before?

They usually had 1 or 2 classes offered in the morning (around 8 on most days) and one in the afternoon (around 5:30). Go to the fitness center on embarkation day and they'll have the full week's schedule so you can see what classes work with your plans and if the fitness pass is worth it. They'll also try to sell you a fitness assessment (I didn't do it since I have a trainer I work with at home and didn't feel the need for it). Note that when there were two classes going on, if not enough people showed up for one, they'd fold it into the other one. One morning there was a TRX class and a spinning class at the same time. Only 2 people showed for the TRX class, so it was cancelled and those two could join the spin class.

They usually had 1 or 2 classes offered in the morning (around 8 on most days) and one in the afternoon (around 5:30). Go to the fitness center on embarkation day and they'll have the full week's schedule so you can see what classes work with your plans and if the fitness pass is worth it. They'll also try to sell you a fitness assessment (I didn't do it since I have a trainer I work with at home and didn't feel the need for it). Note that when there were two classes going on, if not enough people showed up for one, they'd fold it into the other one. One morning there was a TRX class and a spinning class at the same time. Only 2 people showed for the TRX class, so it was cancelled and those two could join the spin class.

Wow. I’d be pissed. Trx is not at all like spinning. One is resistance and one is cardio. And two people should be sufficient. I mean, what was the trx teacher going to do otherwise, get a last minute personal training session? Wow.