WARNEMUNDE Updated Rental Car Help - 2018

I have reserved a Hertz car, in Warnemunde, online through Expedia. The confirmation indicates the pickup point is "Am Passagierkai, Rostock Warnemunde" and I've called Hertz in the US to confirm they have the reservation in their system and it is, indeed, reserved at the cruise port. (all confirmed)

I have read on various posts that the cars are actually transported in from Rostock, that morning, and renters need to email (or otherwise contact) the local Hertz agency with a copy of the confirmation to assure they know to bring your vehicle to the cruise port.

Has anyone else done this recently? If so, who did you contact? Any problems in obtaining the vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Following! Also considering renting a car for our day in port.

Just thought I'd let you know that I contacted the local Hertz agency in Rostock/Warnemuende, via a Skype phone call, and there were no issues whatsoever! They had the reservation I made on Expedia and verified the price and the fact they would meet me at the cruise passenger terminal, so all is good! Enjoy your trip!

You should have no problems finding the car. There is a shared lot (a couple of rental agencies) almost directly across the street from where you will dock. The actual office is in Rostock, but the agent will bring the paperwork with him. We had only two minor problems, the vehicle was less than full, but the agent noted that on the paperwork. Small discussion ensued when we returned it at the Frankfurt airport, but ok. The other was no real choice in vehicle. We were given a Ford Galaxy (full sized, 3-row, mini-van) and if we wanted something else the agent would have to go back to the main office and see if there was anything available. That would have take time so we took the beast. it was a comfortable ride but took some careful driving in some of the small towns we visited.

• 2 weeks later...

We rented with Sixt and there is a dirt lot where they keep the cars across street. The downside was the lot is by the special train that goes to Berlin. If your not out early it may take extra 5-10 min to get out because of the lines of people walking to the train through the lot. We met the rep who drove a Sixt van and did all the paperwork. There is a drop box for keys in the parking lot. A big gas station down the street (pump first then pay inside)