Where's the Conquest?

crsinmo

I have been watching it for awhile. Sometimes it clears up a little. Unless it just pulled in, its not there. I can see the boards lighting up already with posters tonight and tomorrow wanting a free cruise for the delay. LOL

I just called Carnival customer service. They expect the Conquest to be docking between 11AM and 11:30AM (CST) today. It's still extremely foggy, and the RCCL ship hasn't arrived yet either.

It's nice to be able to see her arrive during daylight hours -- I haven't been able to see her perform her 180 in the channel before.

Next week at this time, I'll just be getting ready to check out of the Harbor House and head over to the cruise terminal. :D

Weather delays are not an airline compensated problem. Only mechnical problems with aircraft will qualify.

I would supose that the ship being 6 hours late will cost alot of air travlers(non Carnival) a bunch.

You never know, what makes life an adventure. We have 5:30 air in May and would be sweating that under the same circumstances. 2-3 hours to get off ship, 2 hours to IAH, and security wait.

MikeM

When I was on the Sensation in 2002, we were fogged out of Tampa bay and arrived about 6 hours late.

Our travel insurance covered everything. The cost of rebooking air, hotel for the night and food.

This is why you should always have insurance. I never travel without it, I've had to use it too many times, always at the end of the cruise.

Judy

Your entirley right.

Last March we were late to Dallas from Ft. Lauderdale and missed our flight due to weather in Florida. Had to stay overnight. Insurance payed all reasonable expenses.

Note: Make sure you save all receipts, flight stubs and document every thing. You will need it when you file a claim.

MikeM

WOW! Look at her now, in the fog! You can barely see her, even with her lights on. I'm sure her debarkation will not be at 6 since it was several hours late getting in this morning. I guess the Captain will certainly have to use his computerized guiding equipment to get them out to the gulf since they obviously can't see with their eyes!!:eek:

Archived