Where's the Conquest?

crsinmo

I guess the Captain will certainly have to use his computerized guiding equipment to get them out to the gulf since they obviously can't see with their eyes!!:eek:

I am sure they have a habour pilot.. to help them along.. I saw them as they were docking today!

My family was on the Conquest this past week. The ship was delayed due to the fog. The Conquest was denied entry into Galveston due to zero visibility. We were on the Empress deck and could not even see the water from our balcony. The port pilot arrived on the ship around 9:30 and we were told we were about and hour and a half out of Galveston. Arrival was anticipated to be about 11:00 or 11:30. We were able to stay in our cabins until about 2:00. During this time, food and beverages were being provided on Lido and room service was available until mid morning. Debarkation was self assist then VIP. After that it was from top deck on down. As I stated, we were on Empress deck and we were off the ship at 3:30. The staff really did a great job keeping the passengers informed of the situation. I know it caused a lot a trouble for some with flight schedules and all but it was beyond the control of anyone. I enjoyed having a little extra time to finish last minute packing and spending time on my balcony. I really did feel sorry for those waiting to board but they did allow a couple on early as they were having their wedding on board. The poor bride looked frantic carrying her wedding dress and bouqet onto the ship. They also let the wedding party board ahead of the other passengers. Carnival really did an awesome job with a situation totally out of their control.

My DH and I were on the Conquest that was arrived in Galveston several hours late due to very thick fog. The port was closed to in-coming and out-going traffic for several hours. We did self-assist and were one of the first off the ship at about 11:00 a.m. The crew of the Conquest was great. They gave us updates every few minutes on what was going on and the passengers we saw seemed to be taking the delay in stride. Food was available in the dining room and buffet area. We could not have asked for better treatment. We used the extra time on-board to visit with new friends. We drove to Galveston so we didn't have the concerns about a missed flight.

Thanks to both for the great info. We are glad to see you are being such good sports about it. We would be the same way because we are driving in. Another few hours to enjoy on ship :) But, I'm sure it created a lot of issues for the ones with flights to catch.

Hi,

We were also on the delayed conquest and had a brilliant cruise. The new years celebrations were superb. Unfortunately we missed our flights due to the fog and the airline could not get us back to London until the 6th Jan so we had to purchase new tickets with another airline to get back to the UK at a cost of $6000. We are insured but don’t know how far we will get with insurers. Carnival staff handled the problem well and we had an excellent cruise.

Regards,

Ian

Archived