What to do with room service tray?

What's wrong with ...
I think a lot of people might agree with the underlying hope and preference that you have, but you, and many others, have expressed those hopes and preferences using loaded language like what I've quoted. It's rather insulting to the people who disagree. We're presumably all adults here and so respecting each other's perspectives is to be expected even if not agreed-with, when the opposing perspective is not only fully legal, but also the only perspective that has been even remotely endorsed by the cruise line.

In terms of the specifics of your question, I think people want a reasonable level of assurance that their dirty dishes will be addressed before they return to their cabin. The more the cruise line fails to satisfy that expectation, the more difficult it would be for the cruise line to ever change its mind about leaving trays out in the hall and instead assert that trays with dirty dishes should be left inside the cabin. And the trend in the industry is toward both fare increases lower than the rate of inflation combined with new surcharges and/or commensurately less responsive service - in other words the trend is away from any reasonable expectation that your preference will be satisfied in this regard.

I think a lot of people might agree with the underlying hope and preference that you have, but you, and many others, have expressed those hopes and preferences using loaded language like what I've quoted. It's rather insulting to the people who disagree. We're presumably all adults here and so respecting each other's perspectives is to be expected even if not agreed-with, when the opposing perspective is not only fully legal, but also the only perspective that has been even remotely endorsed by the cruise line.

In terms of the specifics of your question, I think people want a reasonable level of assurance that their dirty dishes will be addressed before they return to their cabin. The more the cruise line fails to satisfy that expectation, the more difficult it would be for the cruise line to ever change its mind about leaving trays out in the hall and instead assert that trays with dirty dishes should be left inside the cabin. And the trend in the industry is toward both fare increases lower than the rate of inflation combined with new surcharges and/or commensurately less responsive service - in other words the trend is away from any reasonable expectation that your preference will be satisfied in this regard.

Bob Dylan, is that you? WTH did you just say?

It would be great if the used trays were collected quickly, but in my experience they often linger for many hours.

With all due respect to Mr. Heald, if the steward is coming to make up the room, and you are headed out, why not leave the tray on the bed where it will not be in everyone else's way?

The room steward has no place to put the trays and dishes. That's why they don't pick them up. It is the room service's job to come get the trays and they will.

Don't leave the tray in the hall!

Why?

1. It's disgusting.

2. More important - it's dangerous - people can trip over it.

3. It "narrows" the hallways space making it more difficult for people with mobility problems to move around.

What's wrong with calling Room service and asking them to pick up the tray IN YOUR ROOM or asking your cabin steward to pick it up from your room.

I can't help but laugh at the people telling everyone not to leave their trays in the hall because it's actually Carnival's rule. So we get a lot of people on these boards who complain about people who don't follow the rules, then there's the people in this thread telling everyone not to follow this rule.

Yes, leave the tray in the hall because that's what Carnival says they want done. Are you seriously going to call room service just to have them send someone up to get your tray? They send staff out regularly to collect the trays.