First Formal Complaint to Princess - Very Pleased With Outcome

ccrain

Thanks for the tips it seemed a cell phone carried close to the body...solved the problem.. everyone on the ship was having the same problem, some even set their cameras out on the balcony to adjust....I also have some pretty cool photos I took with "the effect..." so not all was lost.... I just use a point and shoot, so learned to keep the lens opened and it helped a tad....

Your solution sounds about right. I no longer carry a point and shoot as I use my phone for that. However, my good camera I got for our SA cruise has large lenses and those can cold sink over night. I have to get them out in the sun for a bit or they just keep fogging up.

Having shot through a fogged lens, I know you can get some great effects. I have heard of photographers putting all kinds of things (Vaseline, clear nail polish, etc) on clear lens covers to get these types of effects.

Thanks for posting this Charles. We read too many times on this forum when people have had problems and not handle it correctly. Then when they get back all they do is complain. We have had a few major problems in our rooms over the years and all but one was handle after speaking to the correct people and documenting it. On one cruise, though the problem was corrected after about 16 hours of the room being unusable due to construction activities, and in addition, there was a long term problem.

We did the same thing when we got back home and put all the documentation together with the names of people we had talked to and submitted this to Princess. Though we only asked they compensate us something, Princess gave us future cruise credit well above what we expected. Go Princess!

It is amazing what staying level headed can do instead of ranting and raving and expecting magic.

Deja vu,

With the flooding reported this morning on the Carnival Dream (I believe), it brings back memories. The incident I mentioned was flooding. In our case if was a 6 inch water line for the pool in an equipment room across the hall from us. The room was designed with tall thresholds to contained the water , but with the heavy roll of the ship, over a thousand gallons got into 5 rooms. Water was over 2 inches deep in our room on deck 11. Our first thought (for a very brief moment) was we missed the emergency horn and we were almost ready to sink. LOL:eek:

Even though I had removed the laptop from the case on the floor and put it up on the desk because the case was wet, clean up crew put the wet case back on top of the laptop, and water ran into it. Took about $500 to get it repaired. We never leave anything valuable on the floor anymore.

Glad you had your problem resolved to your satisfaction. I have contacted Princess Customer service once also. Received a "sorry for your inconvience" call, but nothing else. Perhaps the difference was our next cruise was a 7 day, while yours was a 60 day. Ce la vie!

Deja vu,

With the flooding reported this morning on the Carnival Dream (I believe), it brings back memories. The incident I mentioned was flooding. In our case if was a 6 inch water line for the pool in an equipment room across the hall from us. The room was designed with tall thresholds to contained the water , but with the heavy roll of the ship, over a thousand gallons got into 5 rooms. Water was over 2 inches deep in our room on deck 11. Our first thought (for a very brief moment) was we missed the emergency horn and we were almost ready to sink. LOL:eek:

Even though I had removed the laptop from the case on the floor and put it up on the desk because the case was wet, clean up crew put the wet case back on top of the laptop, and water ran into it. Took about $500 to get it repaired. We never leave anything valuable on the floor anymore.

Heck of a video on the national news. The only thing left valuable on the floor, besides the suitcases under the bed, are the shoes in the closet...

Heck of a video on the national news. The only thing left valuable on the floor, besides the suitcases under the bed, are the shoes in the closet...

As I am tall and can see what's on the shelf above the closet rod, we put all shoes on top. We do leave dirty clothes in a bag on the floor. Since they wash everything in water, not a worry.

Thanks for the tips it seemed a cell phone carried close to the body...solved the problem.. everyone on the ship was having the same problem, some even set their cameras out on the balcony to adjust....

Inside the cabinet with the fridge is a nice warm spot.

(not actually in the fridge)

Pleased you had a good outcome but it doesn't really make up for your discomfort during the cruise. We were also in an aft mini suite when we had problems with the A/C so that end of the ship obviously has huge issues. We were stunned when OzKiwi went out and bought a fan! Let's hope the Diamond Princess A/C can be fixed sooner rather than later.