Eden Rock

scubaman

Yes -- I found the snorkeling to be quite nice at Eden Rock -- Lots of fish! When you get off the tenders turn right and walk the equivqlent of 2-3 blocks along the sidewalk...You will see a small kiosk or little hut on the right where snorkel equipment can be rented by the day or you can use your own....turn right here and walk directly down to the water....There are several restaurants along the waters edge and I understand the diners frequently toss bread, etc. over so the fish really congregate in this area. The shoreline is rocky....not a beach....but there are some entry "steps" (I use that term loosly) carved into the rock so access is fairly easy. Water was very calm and clear last time we were there. No charge if you have your own equipment.

We always do the sting ray sand bar/reef snorkel in the AM and then hang out at Eden Rock while everyone else fights the crowds at Diamonds International!

Hey Scubaman.....Just looked at your screen name and realized you were interested in diving...not snorkeling....What I saw of the area around Eden Rock was not really deep enough for a dive....perhaps some divers will be able to give you a better perspective on this.

There are several dive centres along the shore in the mile or so south of the cruise ship terminals. All have on-site rentals and shore diving.

IMHO, the further you get away from the harbour, the healthier the coral seems to be. :( You'll find Abanks, Eden Rock, Don Foster's, and Sunset House along the stretch south of the harbour.

Nearest shore is a shallow "hard pan" which drops away in reef to sand at about 50-60 ft. Certainly a suitable depth for diving.

Archived