Captains Club pins

Quent

My wife and I are past cruisers with Celebrity and were given Captains Club lapel pins when we joined the club after cruising on the Meridian several years back.

On our last several cruises we have not seen anyone else wear the pins. Did Celebrity quit the policy of giving out the pins to Captain Club members? We liked the idea and seemed to get a good responce from the crew menbers when we wear them. It also identifies the Club menbers.

See you all on the Millie Jan. 8, around Cape Horn.:)

Quent

Do you mean the little round blue ones? With the anchor in the middle? Yeppers, we still have ours but they are from so long. long ago none of the staff members recognize them. They have no clue as to what they are. I wish Celebrity would go back to the old way...when Capt's Club meant something. Now it's just another cattle call for CC activities. And yes, we paid too.

Greetings everyone,

There were two kinds of "CAPTAIN'S CLUB" pins.

The first and 'old' ones are as Cindy has described them, I Just took a photo of them and I wiil try to attach it to this post for those that have never seen them.

There was also another form of Captain's Cub ....sort of a 'name tag' that was given to us later: white with gold color letters and a magnetic strip for the 'backing'....have those also and if some one wants to see them, I can take a photo and post it as well.

Wes

175139752_CAPTAINSCLUBpin.jpg.1b6e61fd14767ff71d970eaf64df0dc1.jpg

Robert

Yep, we signed up for the party, hope to see you there.

The blue Captains Club pins pre date me. Maybe if you have then bring them on the Jan 8, trip and we can compare. Mine are apparently the newer type and have the magnet strip behind them, easy to put on and take off. They are still about 10 years old.

I do know that the ships crew notices them around the ship. And we are proud of them. On your next cruise encourage Celebrity to restart the program. Maybe we can get it going again.

The blue Captains Club pins pre date me. Maybe if you have then bring them on the Jan 8, trip and we can compare. Mine are apparently the newer type and have the magnet strip behind them, easy to put on and take off. They are still about 10 years old.

I do know that the ships crew notices them around the ship. And we are proud of them. On your next cruise encourage Celebrity to restart the program. Maybe we can get it going again.

The Captain's Club 'tags' that you are refering to in this post are a lot later version. Please see the atached jpg.

Wes

1159860899_CAPTAINSCLUBTagNewerVersion.jpg.025a555a7e421462ee18f1c126aef4ac.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Either ones are nice. Maybe we can get Celebrity to offer them in different colors to distinguish the 3 levels of the club. Wishful thinking?

Some say that ;if you do not ask......you do not get.

Have a nice cruise on the Millennium.

We cruised on Meridian ....I believe maybe to Panama Canal (not sure) and I liked the smaller ship.....too bad it ended up at the bottom of the ocean.

Wes

My wife and I are past cruisers with Celebrity and were given Captains Club lapel pins when we joined the club after cruising on the Meridian several years back.

On our last several cruises we have not seen anyone else wear the pins. Did Celebrity quit the policy of giving out the pins to Captain Club members? We liked the idea and seemed to get a good responce from the crew menbers when we wear them. It also identifies the Club menbers.

See you all on the Millie Jan. 8, around Cape Horn.:)

Quent

Someone made the comment a while back that these were cut out as a COST Savings measure especially since the number of CC members have grown and that CC was now free. To which I say BULLTICKY.

A Cloisinee (sp) pin can be designed and produced for a couple of bucks as evidenced by the number I have purchased on shore during my travels. In fact on my Serenade cruise in 2003 - there was a guy in the pin business who made up pins for every cruise he took and gave out about 100 to people he met. It's greed IMHO - squeeze every buck you can from the loyal members. Same is true for the Baggage tags - you can make up some pretty nice tags for $2-3 bucks - a nice way of saying thanks for being loyal.

Instead they want $60 dollars for a golf shirt in the shops on board.

Come on guys - we are the bread and butter - CC members cruise at least once a year and promote the brand - we deserve a reward even if it is a hat pin or a luggage tag

Celebrity still gives out the pins. I have lots of them. We were given pins most recently on the Constelllation 11/10/2005 sailing. They were in the envelope with our invitation to the Captain's Club Party left in our stateroom.

Maybe we can get Celebrity to offer them in different colors to distinguish the 3 levels of the club. Wishful thinking?

I asked and it's not a priority nor in their plans...

Celebrity still gives out the pins. I have lots of them. We were given pins most recently on the Constelllation 11/10/2005 sailing. They were in the envelope with our invitation to the Captain's Club Party left in our stateroom.

They did NOT offer them on the Summit in August on our Alaska trip.

We'll be on the Connie on 3/11 - wonder if it is something new???

I have a place on my hat just for it in case they do

Those are the Cruise Connections pins... not Celebrity pins and I believe for the cruise critic get-together, not Captain's club....

I agree, is Celebrity listening?

I would rather have a nice pin or luggage tag than a free drink at a Capt's Club party. Either one can be done for a couple of dollars....and wouldn't it actually save money? No more envelopes to deliver, no more staff to man the parties, the cost of the alcohol, everything considered it would have to be a savings to "X." And most importantly, why not give the loyal customers what they want.

Archived