Pride extended balcony cabins on the 8th deck below the Spa/Gym questions?

Has anyone toward the front of the Pride on the 8th level just below the Spy and gym in an extended balcony? If so:

1) Do you hear a lot of noise coming from above?

2) How are the views on the balcony, any obstructions as I know the boat tends to get wider up front.

3) Can those above you see onto your balcony?

Thanks

Has anyone toward the front of the Pride on the 8th level just below the Spy and gym in an extended balcony? If so:

1) Do you hear a lot of noise coming from above?

2) How are the views on the balcony, any obstructions as I know the boat tends to get wider up front.

3) Can those above you see onto your balcony?

Thanks

We're in a regular balcony, deck 8 forward, so I looked at this area pretty carefully.

I believe that where the regular balconies end, and extended balconies begin, is right below the door to enter the spa. So, if you have the first extended balcony, you would be right under lido deck, between the chairs and the door.

On the deck plans of deck 8, you can see where the ship slightly narrows between the two types of balconies. On the deck plan for Lido, you can see the same narrowing.

Almost all the extended balconies are above the life boats. So, if you lean over your railing, and look down, you'll see them, as opposed to looking down and seeing the ship cut through the water. However, from sitting, or standing just a foot back from the railing, you wouldn't be able to see the life boats at all.

Lido deck above you has glass walls around the deck, so they wouldn't be able to see you at all. However, those on the Sun deck could lean over, and see you if you are leaning over the railing as well. But, they wouldn't be able to look into your balcony.

Thought I should add, if you want an extended balcony with a completely unobstructed view of the ship cutting through the ocean, you'd have to be on deck 5 forward. You would have cabins above you, but you would sometimes slightly hear the shows in the theaters below (including rehearsals). Also, as the balconies above this are regular balconies, they jut out further than the cabins above, so they would be able to look down on you.

We stayed in these extended balconies on deck 5, and loved them. I enjoyed watching the ship cut through the water, had a nice conversation with the people above me (even recognized the people who were waiting on line for the parking lot in the car next to hours), and the noise from the theater was soft enough that I only heard it when the room was completely silent (and no noise at all during the night).

We're in a regular balcony' date=' deck 8 forward, so I looked at this area pretty carefully.

I believe that where the regular balconies end, and extended balconies begin, is right below the door to enter the spa. So, if you have the first extended balcony, you would be right under lido deck, between the chairs and the door.

On the deck plans of deck 8, you can see where the ship slightly narrows between the two types of balconies. On the deck plan for Lido, you can see the same narrowing.

[left']

Almost all the extended balconies are above the life boats. So, if you lean over your railing, and look down, you'll see them, as opposed to looking down and seeing the ship cut through the water. However, from sitting, or standing just a foot back from the railing, you wouldn't be able to see the life boats at all.

Lido deck above you has glass walls around the deck, so they wouldn't be able to see you at all. However, those on the Sun deck could lean over, and see you if you are leaning over the railing as well. But, they wouldn't be able to look into your balcony.

[/left]

So you didn't hear much noise from above?