Current obc sale

Sebleo

I thought about upgrading our cabin Dream 2020 during this sale because we booked early saver with $50 obc. And this promotion is the same so I thought.

Was told the obc was $25 for the inside spa stateroom. What happened to $50? She said it' up to 50 and some stateooms it is less. Ok, no worries.

For kicks I spent half an hour doing mock bookings on different room types and categories and could never get the full obc. Always $25 on inside and Oceanview and $50 on balcony and suites.

I have not ever seen that before. Any ideas?

I'm going to guess that the full range of OBC is not necessarily available on all ships. I did a mock booking on the Freedom for May 2019 and garnered an OBC of $100.

I thought it might be something along that line. I had just never encountered it before. But, this sailing is farther out than I have ever booked too.

When I saw the sale I thought about jumping on it too.

Tried it with my 4 day on Liberty this fall. Price of the cruise went up higher than $50 so it would cost more to rebook, and I always book with “past guest” so I’d have to switch to early Saver.

My Breeze Cruise next May stayed the same price and gave me $100 credit IF I rebooked with early Saver. Oh how I’d love that $100 but I’ve had to move the date of this cruise three times already. I’m scared of that $50 penalty (per person) if I have to move it again.

My Dream Cruise next fall went up in price also so definitely not a “sale” there either. :rolleyes:

There are multiple different sales going on at the same time right now. From what I can see one has higher fares but offers more OBC, the other has lower fares and less OBC. Make sure to take both sides of that equation into account when choosing.

There are multiple different sales going on at the same time right now. From what I can see one has higher fares but offers more OBC, the other has lower fares and less OBC. Make sure to take both sides of that equation into account when choosing.

We booked as soon as the Jan 2020 cruises came available. And decided we would go as cheap as possible since it was an extra vacation that year. Having second thoughts and was curious to see how much a spa cabin would cost...$200 more including the obc difference. Eh, we have our normal rooms on the other cruises so we will stick with what we have. $830 with taxes and gratuities is too good to pass up.

Most of the time we find the Carnival sales to be anything but. Sometimes better to wait until after the sale to book.

Most of the time we find the Carnival sales to be anything but. Sometimes better to wait until after the sale to book.

I agree, the sales are largely nothing but a lot of shiny advertising. They don't seem to affect fares much.

I thought about upgrading our cabin Dream 2020 during this sale because we booked early saver with $50 obc. And this promotion is the same so I thought.

Was told the obc was $25 for the inside spa stateroom. What happened to $50? She said it' up to 50 and some stateooms it is less. Ok, no worries.

For kicks I spent half an hour doing mock bookings on different room types and categories and could never get the full obc. Always $25 on inside and Oceanview and $50 on balcony and suites.

I have not ever seen that before. Any ideas?

25pp.