Carnival Cuba Excursion help

sbcatcher1

My husband will only take a ship excursion in Cuba so I must choose between:

Best of Havana and Local flavors and Traditions of Havana. I can't find anyone who has taken either of these.

Please help me choose. We are on the Carnival Paradise Oct 22, 2018.

As an alternative we booked a private tour guide/with car. It was $130 cuc total for a 6 hour tour for up to 4 people. The guide was wonderful her name was Mary and spoke English well. They will take you wherever you want to go. We booked through Blexie and you can find him on facebook. We found the ship excursions to be way overpriced. You just get off the ship and they will meet you in the square right across from the port by the fountain.

As an alternative we booked a private tour guide/with car. It was $130 cuc total for a 6 hour tour for up to 4 people. The guide was wonderful her name was Mary and spoke English well. They will take you wherever you want to go. We booked through Blexie and you can find him on facebook. We found the ship excursions to be way overpriced. You just get off the ship and they will meet you in the square right across from the port by the fountain.

Can you booked your own tours with third party companies? I call carnival to ask and they said it has to be only thru them .

She is correct . We where there last month and used Blexie and meet Mary also. There is no problem getting off and on no one asks what you are doing. They just want to sell excursions.

It depends on how you filled out the affidavit for your visitor visa. If you checked off "Support of the Cuban People", you are free to wander. Some of the other reasons for being on the island do require an organized tour.

In a strict interpretation of the rules you are not "free to wander" no matter which box that you check, but the rules are not enforced. Do what you want to do, the cruise line is not going to stop you, the Cubans want your business and the US government isn't paying attention.