Texting for a family of 4 to stay connected onboard/anyone tried it? SEASIDE

Honey22kids

Family of 4 (dad, mom, 16 year old, 21 year old)

I am a ship wanderer and the mom, so as you can imagine, they all are asking, "Where's mom?!!" We have muddled thru it on all previous cruises accompanied by lots of, "I'm so sorry, but we can go do that now."

Has anyone used ship wifi and imessage(we are all iphone users) to communicate with one another? What size package did you need to purchase?

If there is another way to communicate electronically that someone has used and can share, that would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for all wisdom and suggestions!

But... I also want to add.... since none of you are little ;-) ... perhaps it's enough to just agree on meeting times and places. I travel with my teenage son and that's usually how we do it. We (usually) have breakfast together, we go over the day and our plans (obviously excursions and such we do together but on sea days our plans usually differ), and then we decide when and where to meet up. Sometimes that's just "OK, we meet in our cabin at 5pm so we can get ready for dinner." Perhaps they could just let you go and explore at your leisure? It really isn't horribly hard to find people on a ship when one has discussed general plans.