About the Bob

Hi,

While on the Sovereign last month (Dec. 05) husband and I did the BOB excursion in Nassau. There were 12 of us on the excursion and while 6 of us were underwater on the scooters, the other 6 were permitted to snorkel or lay out on the boat whichever we preferred.

I had been looking a this excursion for several years and while I am no youngster (46) and husband is 53, this was the most memorable and fun thing we have ever done while cruising. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Stuarts Cove was very pretty and we enjoyed the ride there in their provided bus. I recommend this excursion 100%.

Any more questions, please ask! Getting ready to leave this Sunday on the Sovereign again but I'll try to check back.

Are you looking at Stuarts Cove in the Bahamas?????? I'm sure different places offer different options.

IF your talking about Nassau, the dock at Stuarts Cove does indees have freshwater showers for your use. I also would recommend renting a Wetsuit. The water temperature wasn't ice cold (maybe 76-78) in December but most in our party still rented one ($10.00) and it made the experience more comfortable. I'm sure temps are colder now too.

There is also a small gift shop/store at the Marina where you can purchase soft drinks, sandwiches, chips, beer etc. They put everything into a large ice chest for you. The Beer can only be consumed after your BOB however......

There is only a bathroom available on the boat and fresh water is available. A video of your experience is also available for $40.00.

Like I said, this excursion is not cheap. The actual excursion was $220.00 for 2 of us and I took $275.00 with us that day. SPENT it all but I bought a swimsuit for my husband and 2 T-Shirts also.

Let us know if you go and how you enjoy it!

We did BOB in St Thomas and you can snorkel while the others are in the Bobs. There were 2 little showers (non-private) to rinse off basically in the middle of the boat. It was a great excursion and we will definately be doing it again on our next cruise.

OP, your post did not state which port. They do have this type of excursion in various ports (St Thomas, Nassau, Cozumel-but it's called something else) so all my not work the same way.

Archived