Taxis in Vancouver

Pvbgirl

we will need a taxi from the Pacific Central Station downtown to the cruise terminal. Any insight into how easy to find and cost? Want to make sure I have enough Canadian dollars. Thanks.

On a cruise day, since you'll be arriving at peak time expect the usually-$10-fare to be closer to $15 due to the bottleneck of traffic having to get inside the pier. A $20 note will be enough to ensure you can also cover the tip and get a souvenir loony or toony or both back if you do decide to pay with cash - ALL local taxis are supposed to accept credit cards though, and they'll also take USD at a less-than-official exchange rate.

Edit - whoops, forgot the other part of your post. Taxis line up right outside the station doors (look left, you'll see the cab queue). Try to split the ride with others if you can to save half the fare - but NB: most cabs are Prius models, so while you can always fit four bums on seats, bag space may be inadequate for four unless at least a couple of you travel light!

Edited by martincath

we will need a taxi from the Pacific Central Station downtown to the cruise terminal. Any insight into how easy to find and cost? Want to make sure I have enough Canadian dollars. Thanks.

We took a taxi from PCS to the port area today and it was just under $10. I used my debit card.

I believe most of the taxis there take credit cards. If you have one that does not charge foreign transaction fees, I'd just use that and not worry w/ Canadian money. That's my plan!

This is what my TA recommended also. I already called my AmEx and verified no transaction fees.