"People to People" versus "Support for the Cuban People"

GleefulGirl

Although we are not cruising to Cuba until January 2019, we booked our Oceania seen day cruise in April 2017 (two months before the White House changed the rules on Cuban travel). So, we're grandfathered in under the old less restrictive rules. When we filled out our Affidavit in April 2017, we circled "People to People" instead of "Support of the Cuban People." Our plan is to do only private tours at our three ports of call (Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba). Do we have anything to be concerned about because we selected "people to people" instead of "in support for the Cuban people?"

I don't know how Oceania does it but when we booked the NCL Sky, I marked "Support for the Cuban People" on the online affidavit and sent it in.

When we checked in, they made everyone fill out the affidavit again, even if you had sent one in. The affidavit blank they handed to you already had "People to People" marked on it. I simply filled it out and also put an X on the line marked "Support for the Cuban People".

I only had private tours and everything went smoothly.