3:30-11:00

maryland

Have no clue what to do while we're in port, seems like such a weird time. We were on a cruise 2 years ago and did a local bus tour that was offered when we got off the ship. Also walked around Old San Juan, toured San Cristobal fort, and had a few drinks at a local bar. Any other ideas for what to do late afternoon/early evening besides eating in one of the local restaurants? Are there any different tours that leave later in the day? Thanks

If you get off the ship by 4pm you should have ample time to visit one of the two forts in Old San Juan. This time you might try El Morro which closes at 6pm, giving you between 1-1.5 hrs to explore. You can catch a cab for a few bucks there, which should be the fastest and easiest way with your time constraints. From there you can walk to San Sebastian street and down Cristo street. At San Sebastian street there are a few bars if your into bar hopping. Explore the shops on your way back to the ship down Cristo and Fortaleza streets, which usually stay open later when ships are in town. Then, look for a place to eat some local food (this could get you on your way: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2639013). Then just relax for a few hours on the ship or go back to bar hopping again nearer to the dock.

If you are looking for something unique and more active, you might want to try a kayak tour on Laguna Grande. It is one of only a few bioluminescent bays in the world. The bioluminescence can only be seen after dark. You can do a Google search and see if it is of interest to you.

There are a couple of tour companies that offer this and your ship may also have an excursion listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are looking for something unique and more active, you might want to try a kayak tour on Laguna Grande. It is one of only a few bioluminescent bays in the world. The bioluminescence can only be seen after dark. You can do a Google search and see if it is of interest to you.

There are a couple of tour companies that offer this and your ship may also have an excursion listed.

Didn't think of this when I posted my response but with your time frame, this is an excellent idea!! Google Fajardo Bio Bay tours. (Fajardo is the town it's located in)

(y) Good choice for evening if you are active enough to take it.