Has anyone done this excursion from St. Maarten - Rapid Explorer St. Bart's

CruisingFamily4

I am going on the Legend 1/28. We are looking to take the excursion listed above. We have two small children (2 & 3) so we want to be able to do the beach as well (I really want to go to St. Bart's).

If this excursion is not recommended - does anyone have suggestions for us - for a beach.

Thanks,

I assume you are going to St Barths via Rapid Explorer (by high speed hydrofoil). The ride is about 40 minutes. The sea could be very rough at time that might not suitable for small children. Also, you must bring your passports.

There are a few children friendly beaches in St. Maarten, Mullet Bay on the Dutch side and Le Gallion on the French side. Mullet Bay is more popular because their have chair rental, food stand and restroom. Actually, Great Bay, where the cruise ships dock, is quite suitable for children. It is on the front street of Philipsburg.

You don't want to take your kids on this excursion. The water to St. Barths can be very rough. We took this last year, and at least 20 of the 30 passengers got sick from motion sickness. Fortunately, my family did not and we had a nice time on St. Barths.

In St. Marteen this year we went to Orient Beach on the French Side, it is a beautiful beach and about a 20 min. cab ride.

Archived