Aft or Large balcony on Epic?

Gregor4500

So I'm thinking of booking an Epic balcony. I've been on the aft of the Gem and Jewel and loved it. Are the aft on Epic a larger balcony depending on which deck? From the pictures it looks like they are all covered, is that correct? Also I have to keep in mind distance to elevator because of walking issues.

The Aft balconies on Epic do not vary in size depending on the floor. The size difference is primarily Haven aft penthouse vs. regular aft balcony. The corner aft balconies may be very slightly wider, but I don’t know for sure.

Ours on the 11th deck was covered but we saw some below us that were not covered - I am guessing they were on the 8th deck.

We were on deck 10 in a Haven aft penthouse. Everything below us was covered and even with our balcony. I took the OP to be speaking about the aft facing rooms as opposed to those on the sides of the ship, but towards the aft.

We were on deck 10 in a Haven aft penthouse. Everything below us was covered and even with our balcony. I took the OP to be speaking about the aft facing rooms as opposed to those on the sides of the ship, but towards the aft.

That makes sense, thanks.

Have a aft booked, looking for sunlight so did I book wrong

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I prefer sun also. Because it's covered I guess it will depend on time of day and direction of ship. But midday looks like mostly shade. On the Jewel class ships aft was a no brainer.

Thanks for the replies. Looking into it further I'm leaning towards room 9290, corner aft.

We were in 9290 on the Epic for this past Thanksgiving. It is not any wider than the other regular balconies because it has the “secret stairwell” beside it. It was a nice size balcony. From the aft elevators you had to pass probably 15-20 staterooms to walk to the stateroom.

It was totally covered and very little sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in 9290 on the Epic for this past Thanksgiving. It is not any wider than the other regular balconies because it has the “secret stairwell” beside it. It was a nice size balcony. From the aft elevators you had to pass probably 15-20 staterooms to walk to the stateroom.

It was totally covered and very little sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for confirming there won't be much sun. I think I'm gonna book it anyway. If it's super hot I might enjoy the shade. It doesn't sound like a bad walk to the elevator.