Escape NYC to Bermuda 5/13 Trip Report

Indykitten

Thank you very much for the info, what time did you line up to disembark and what time did you actually get to street level? We are driving, so not an issue with luggage. Awesome Picture.

We did the first group of self-disembarkation and it was really more of a walking-line. We never really even waited. I'd say we were off, through customs and out the door in 30-40 minutes.

Sorry about that, I'm sure there are many lovely people from there. I may have just been terribly unlucky with the demographics on this cruise.

No need to apologize. Seems you weren’t the only one terribly unlucky with the demographics on this cruise.

On the VIBE thread, LrgPizza wrote:

I was on there last week. Signs posted say quiet area, and no music plays. On our cruise, many believed the signs meant scream the F word as loud and often as you want. In general, it’s usually pretty quiet around the loungers, but can be loud and rowdy in the hot tub and around the bar. This was our 3rd time in Vibe, 2nd on Escape. We wouldn’t do it again on an NYC sailing, but will again from elsewhere.

Loved your review! Planning to take our son to the zoo/aquarium. Do you remember how long it took to travel there and is a 2 hour stay enough time to see everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loved your review! Planning to take our son to the zoo/aquarium. Do you remember how long it took to travel there and is a 2 hour stay enough time to see everything?

It was 20 minutes on the number 10 bus from the bus station in Hamilton. There's a stop right in front of the Zoo. I think 2 hours would be fine, that's pretty close to how long we were there. It's small but nice.

Question about staying in Secaucus the night before...

We are looking at the Embassy Suites there or the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park. Both have prank and cruise packages. But you said that you took the bus to the port! So much more reasonable!! How much was it and how did you manage your luggage? Was you car ok for the week at the hotel?

Stephanie

Question about staying in Secaucus the night before...

We are looking at the Embassy Suites there or the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park. Both have prank and cruise packages. But you said that you took the bus to the port! So much more reasonable!! How much was it and how did you manage your luggage? Was you car ok for the week at the hotel?

We actually flew but I would have felt comfortable leaving my car at the Hyatt Place. I booked with points, so I'm not sure how much the actual room rate was. The bus was awesome. On the weekend it was pretty empty so no problem getting our luggage on there. We had big travel backpacks but as long as your bringing a reasonable amount of luggage I think it would be fine. Now it was about a 15 minute walk from where the bus drops you off (Port Authority bus terminal) to the pier.

It was 20 minutes on the number 10 bus from the bus station in Hamilton. There's a stop right in front of the Zoo. I think 2 hours would be fine, that's pretty close to how long we were there. It's small but nice.

Great, thank you!