CAR RENTAL IN GRAND CAYMAN and WHAT TO DO AND SEE THERE???

janica

Please advise as to best car rental business in Grand Cayman. We aren't looking for anything fancy, just dependable to tour the island in. Also, what are your favorite places and things to do in Cayman? Thanks in advance!:)

we are going to Grand Caymen in March. Read on these boards under the ports section about Cico Avis. Went to their web site and rented a car for the day we will be in port. We are planning to drive it to Rum Point. Read under the Port's boards "Grand Caymen", This should give you some good ideas.

You'll pay more for an automatic car than for a standard shift (shifting with left hand) car. The GC driver's seat will be the U.S. passenger seat. I've been to Grand Cayman a number of times by cruise ship, and once by air. We rented a condo on 7-Mile Beach for 10 days, and debated whether or not to rent a car or van. We decided to take taxis and split the cost. The traffic near the pier is terrible and very congested. Just my thoughts.

CAR RENTAL AGENCIES are not near the port, you have to get a taxi and go to the airport. I dont know how far is this. This is what we were told when we were there in November.:cool:

I wanted to rent a car when we went but, we did not have enough time there. One thing to consider is that the tendering to Grand Cayman is: Horrible. Takes too long. I thought it was just my experience but ive read the same thing over and over again. So you do waist a lot of time in this process. The best thing to do when you go to Grand Cayman is be one of the firsts to get a ticket of tendering at the custumer service counter that day.

we rented from cico avis last year. they pick you up at the pier and drive you to their location - 15 min. they also bring you back at the end of day. be sure to build this extra time into the schedule. driving is easy even if it is on the "wrong" side. well laid out and they give you a map. we did rum point, hell, lunch in a local place and the turtle farm. very enjoyable day for the four of us.

Archived