What Capitains are on what ships right now?

cfprunner

How do you find out who is the Capitain for a given ship--other than reading it on the 'daily' after you arrive.
You'd have to see if Celebrity would tell you. Ship's captains take vacations, too, and unless someone from the cruise just prior to yours heard specifically about the captain's status for the next cruise, there'd be no other way to know with 100% certainty.

For security reasons Celebrity doesnt provide that information. You can find out from a current cruiser who just debarked but there are no guarantees.

Celebrity is very very concerned with the security of its guests and ships.

idssms

For security reasons Celebrity doesnt provide that information. You can find out from a current cruiser who just debarked but there are no guarantees.

Celebrity is very very concerned with the security of its guests and ships.

idssms

OK. I'll bite. What does knowing the name of a ship's captain have to do with security? Everyone knows which captain is in charge of a given ship MOST of the time. It's only their vacation schedules that cause any room for question.

I tell you what,,, call Celebrity home office and ask who is going to captain a given ship and they will not tell you.

There could be many reasons why.

When the Captain walks anywhere on the ship at night he is accompanied by at least 2 security personnel.. WHY??

Think about it.. I know why on both accounts.

Idssms

the officers are just usually walking with the captian to talk and spend time together not to "portect him." I am sorry but your entire security rambiling is silly and makes no sense.

Whats next, "Hi I am your cruise director but I will not be giving you my name for security reasons."

When we all start talking stupid in the name of "security" that is when I begin to worry

I tell you what,,, call Celebrity home office and ask who is going to captain a given ship and they will not tell you.

There could be many reasons why.

When the Captain walks anywhere on the ship at night he is accompanied by at least 2 security personnel.. WHY??

Think about it.. I know why on both accounts.

Idssms

Hi Idssms !

You are absolutely right. Celebrity will not tell you the name of the Captain in advance, should you email Captains Club and ask. Of course, the Captain's name will be known once onboard.

I do not want to get into any specific discussions about security. Without going into any details, security is everywhere on the ship, and Celebrity does an outstanding job of it. I always feel very safe with them.

OK. I'll bite. What does knowing the name of a ship's captain have to do with security? Everyone knows which captain is in charge of a given ship MOST of the time. It's only their vacation schedules that cause any room for question.

Why do you care who the captains are? If there's someone you're trying to find, or someone you're trying to avoid, perhaps ask about those specific gentlemen (no female captains on X yet, right? why IS that?) -- but otherwise, I'm curious why anyone would care ...

Why do you care who the captains are? If there's someone you're trying to find, or someone you're trying to avoid, perhaps ask about those specific gentlemen (no female captains on X yet, right? why IS that?) -- but otherwise, I'm curious why anyone would care ...

So I can peronalize my 'Captain's Gift'.

I personally care who the captain is since i know 4 of them from former cruises and would be happier if one of them were the master.

I like to know who the Hotel Director is too since I know most of them. It makes for a better cruise if you know the powers to be.

idssms

Archived