Should I go JS?

I currently have a balcony room on the hump on Explorer of the Seas. I'm considering moving up to a JS. Is it worth it? What are the benefits to moving up to a JS?

Some of the benefits of a JS are priority embarkation as well as a walk in closet ;) Of course you have the additional space as well which is nice. That being said - your balcony cabin on the hump is a good thing too....great location. I guess you have decide what's important to you - more space or location? You will also receive 2 cruise credits if you sail in a suite as well.

The JS also has a full bath with a tub & shower combo instead of just a shower. That isn't a selling point to me, but it might be to you if you take baths instead of showering or have a small child with you - it'll make the cleaning up process much easier. We love the extra space of a JS, but whether it's worth it depends on the price difference. Only you know what your break point is.

Just an FYI, while some people have reported receiving priority embarkation with a JS, it doesn't come with it. Before we were Plat. we were denied priority embarkation on Explorer when we were in a JS cabin. Others have reported that they were allowed the same boarding privledges as guests in larger suites.

As with anything else RCI, one person will do things differently than another. I have also seen it posted that JS guests received robes for use onboard, like the larger suites, but it's not a 100% thing. The JS is not supposed to receive the robes even though some still do.

On the plus side, RCI treats the JS cabin like any other cabin when pre-paying tips. Meaning they don't hold you to the higher tip schedule for the suite's cabins.

I have pics of our Cat. JS cabin on Explorer from the link in my signature below if you want to see what one looks like.

Just an FYI, while some people have reported receiving priority embarkation with a JS, it doesn't come with it. Before we were Plat. we were denied priority embarkation on Explorer when we were in a JS cabin. Others have reported that they were allowed the same boarding privledges as guests in larger suites.

As with anything else RCI, one person will do things differently than another. I have also seen it posted that JS guests received robes for use onboard, like the larger suites, but it's not a 100% thing. The JS is not supposed to receive the robes even though some still do.

On the plus side, RCI treats the JS cabin like any other cabin when pre-paying tips. Meaning they don't hold you to the higher tip schedule for the suite's cabins.

Doug, what kind of camera are you using? I am considering a 3rd, but am looking for some very specific features.(EOS pix)

You not wrong about the beds!! They look real uncomfortable did you complain???

Great Pics though.

Who are you talking to?:confused: What about the beds? Am I missing something?

Oh, duh, I saw the comment....they aren't that bad. I guess it all depends on how one likes their mattress. But I will say that the ones in Doug's pix don't look so hot......

Archived