Live from the navigator baltic cruise review

It is a 15-30 minute portrait sitting, you are away from public eye and approximately 80 shots are taken in a variety of poses. I have yet to see the results, but will post about the results when I have seen them. You have to book these separately and in advance and then book to go back and see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, thanks for writing this review—so interesting & helpful! We are on this cruise June 27th. Is the portrait sitting included in your photo package? I guess I am assuming you bought the unlimited photo pass? I think it’s like $199 if purchased before sailing??? If we have 2 cabins, and I purchase that & am in the pictures, they’ll take pics with the other 2 people not in our cabin (of the 4 of us together), correct?

First, thanks for writing this review—so interesting & helpful! We are on this cruise June 27th. Is the portrait sitting included in your photo package? I guess I am assuming you bought the unlimited photo pass? I think it’s like $199 if purchased before sailing??? If we have 2 cabins, and I purchase that & am in the pictures, they’ll take pics with the other 2 people not in our cabin (of the 4 of us together), correct?

The photo package does not include this sitting, this is a separate photo sitting onboard.

This depends depending on the photographer. I believe that they like to take more peoples cabin numbers if possible, so they get a bigger up sell. However, we have normally just given them one cabin number.

Hope this helps.

Not as far as I can tell, the photos are lovely but a ridiculous cost, when you think that you could do another cruise for the cost of one style of aluminium picture high glass.

Very true! Sorry that you won't be getting your nice photos!

Enjoying the review & very interested as my family & I will be onboard in July. Do you happen to know who the Diamond concierge is? As we know it recently changed but not sure who’s on now. Thanks :)

We have just got off the ship, we visited diamond lounge most nights, but have not got a clue who the diamond concierge was !!! A complete non entity as far as we were concerned, never saw or spoke to whoever it was.

The severs in the lounge were great though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have just got off the ship, we visited diamond lounge most nights, but have not got a clue who the diamond concierge was !!! A complete non entity as far as we were concerned, never saw or spoke to whoever it was.

I definitely agree the servers in both lounges are excellent. The guys in the concierge lounge are really good, funny and a pleasure to see every night. They make you smile. Patricia is an excellent concierge, she has been an absolute star [emoji93] sorting things out for us.

How were the numbers in the Diamond and the Concierge Lounges during the "Happy Hours" ? We will be on the 27th June sailing. Have experienced the chaos of many Transatlantic's and almost empty lounges elsewhere in the world. First Baltic cruise so no real idea about the Crown and Anchor demographics.

Hi,

Reading with great interest. Sailing on the Navigator this September.

First time on Royal Caribbean so looking forward to it. I see on the majority of bar menus that most cocktails start at $14 do you know if the drinks package covers that, I’m sure I read that it’s up to $12????

Thanks

Hi,

First time on Royal Caribbean so looking forward to it. I see on the majority of bar menus that most cocktails start at $14 do you know if the drinks package covers that, I’m sure I read that it’s up to $12????

Thanks

The drink package includes the vast majority of cocktails. The package limit might be $14 for ships out of the UK.

I definitely agree the servers in both lounges are excellent. The guys in the concierge lounge are really good, funny and a pleasure to see every night. They make you smile. Patricia is an excellent concierge, she has been an absolute star [emoji93] sorting things out for us.

Thanks for the info, Jary8. We are on the same cruise on 15th June and some of the menus have already got my mouth watering:'). Great sun set photo! (y)

Jary8--when you get to St Petersburg I would be interested to know the average cost to buy a soda/bottle of water when you are out and about. Also the costs of some common souveniers--tshirts, keychain/magnet, christmas ornaments, etc. Any other types of unique but affordable/not ridiculous to pack souveniers in SPB you noticed?

Thanks so much for everything you have posted so far! So helpful and making me get even more excited!

Any other types of unique but affordable/not ridiculous to pack souveniers in SPB you noticed?

I've yet to go (I'm on the 15 June sailing), but am planning on picking up a set of Matryoshka dolls in St Petersburg.

How were the numbers in the Diamond and the Concierge Lounges during the "Happy Hours" ? We will be on the 27th June sailing. Have experienced the chaos of many Transatlantic's and almost empty lounges elsewhere in the world. First Baltic cruise so no real idea about the Crown and Anchor demographics.

It has varied from night to night, some nights they have been Jam packed other nights fairly empty.

Hi,

Thanks

Shrewsbury on tour, any other info you want I can bring back with me and maybe deliver as we live 25 minutes from you. Just let me know.

Oh really so no Diamond concierge?. Is Patricia working both the Concierge & Diamond lounges?. That’s great the servers are good. I see you had Jack Pack as entertainment, I loved them on Britain’s Got Talent. I’m hoping they might be back onboard in July haha. Really enjoying the review as we have been wondering about doing this itinerary. :)

Jary8--when you get to St Petersburg I would be interested to know the average cost to buy a soda/bottle of water when you are out and about. Also the costs of some common souveniers--tshirts, keychain/magnet, christmas ornaments, etc. Any other types of unique but affordable/not ridiculous to pack souveniers in SPB you noticed?

Thanks so much for everything you have posted so far! So helpful and making me get even more excited!

Sure no problem, I will even try and tell you which shops if I remember

Well, what a day, not the one I planned that is for sure.

The day started an hour earlier than it needed to today, as the room attendant put the wrong information in the room last night, saying the clocks needed to move forward one hour, WRONG, that is tonight.

However, we did have windjammers very quiet and got some beautiful scenery as we found our way into Copenhagen.

Having got off the ship, we made our way to the city sightseeing tours. We had pre-purchased our tickets and got onboard the first bus, with the plan to go to the little mermaid first, as it gets very crowded later in the day.

Well the guide and driver said, we would need to get off at bus stop five, well I would have had to jump as they drove to bus stop 12 and then told everyone to get off.

Eventually got another bus and went to bus stop number one. We decided that as is what a nice day, we would do the canal cruise as well. Having an elderly couple with us we thought they would appreciate the view.

Oh by this point the bus had decided to take out a concrete bollard! Taking the back rear panel of the bus rather dented.

We went to board the boat, but here comes a big tip:

If you are not really mobile this is very difficult to do. There is a drop from the pontoon of approx 2.5 feet onto the first step of the boat, with only a handrail on the left hand side.

We tried two different boats with no joy.

So we got back on the bus and headed for little mermaid stop.

By this time the crowds had started so we took the obligatory photo. f10f1f1962c6ea7c57428ec3563bc740.jpg

Then the fun really started, as it was really hot the elderly people we have with us, wanted to go back to the ship. Not a problem we said, how wrong could we be??

We waited 65 minutes and no bus. There is no seating at the bus stops here. After three phone calls to city sightseeing we ended up having to pay €5 each to get back on another buses shuttle to the ship. The ship does not dock in the centre. Royal do offer a shuttle at around $15 a $20.

This meant that we didn’t have time to get back on and go back into town.

Luckily we have been there before.

It turns out that the Brilliance of the Seas, has arrived in port unexpectedly due to not being able to dock where they were going. So all the buses had been dispatched to pick them up.

Part two: coming on next instalment.

Part 2: sorry for splitting it but the WiFi connection means I keep having to retune the information.

Well windjammers for a snack and then a bit of a rest, but imagine my surprise when I came out of the bathroom having changed to find a man on the balcony, I had very very little on. They were due to clean the balcony’s yesterday, but apparently hadn’t, the man got more than he bargained for and so did I. Apparently they decided not to do them yesterday as they had informed us, but suddenly do it today.

Went to windjammers for dinner, as had seen some really good reviews on it. They were right, the selection in the evening was fantastic. The cheeseboard is ace. dabf897a32e72ef584d1793bbe8c5193.jpg

Tonight was Italian night. Lovely fresh cooked pasta which you choose what you have in it.

Next to the show, absolutely fantastic, it was a chap that was the first Simba in Lion king in the West End. Real range of music and fantastic vocal range as well, definitely worth going to.

The rest of the night spent choking and planning for tomorrow. Just waiting up to under the bridge. Will post some photos of this when I have them.

aa8910bd8a10b638f50db0a626a8f557.jpgf94c6eb0864bdd64e8c4639f88ab9974.jpg

a5ce4b23e6c87ac65e0785246286154f.jpg950e6edbaa837b338c3553b4a0836d96.jpg

I will post a few more picture from Copenhagen tomorrow. Cruise compass to follow along with information for independent tour details for Russia

Thanks again for posting this! Great pictures, are you using a camera or a cell phone? Also, I am not seeing any listings for the kids’ clubs in the cruise compasses—PLEASE tell me they are keeping them open decent hours :o.

Hi, I am using a cell phone. I will try and get some kids stuff, there are very few children on this cruise.

This is the baby and up to three information.

ce89e757e8eb4d3ace94bf05a1c2920b.jpg

5fc63ff3c0f7b4b8ac8b2b0cd5a3e253.jpg

Curfew is set for 01:00 for the children.

We were on NOS a few weeks ago and there was no concierge in diamond lounge. However ,the Loyalty Embassador, Ruby, was there doing a great job.