Evening port ideas

spankym13

Wow... That is an incredibly strange port stop time!! I'm guessing you're coming into San Juan on a Monday from what I could find out and that doesn't help either for the later-in-the-evening activities. Shops in OSJ tend to close later than usual when ships are docked so you might get in a bit of shopping if you like. Museums and the forts will be closed by 6pm, some earlier. That leaves photography (and OSJ is just AMAZING for nighttime pictures!), wandering the streets just looking around, dinner in one of the many OSJ restaurants and maybe some bar hopping. You could also catch a taxi or Uber to Plaza Las Americas shopping mall (largest in the Caribbean) for shopping, food and maybe even a movie at the cinema. Mall closes at 9pm, last showing at the movies is between 8:30-9:30pm on weekdays. But check your "on board time". Not always a 1am departure means a 12:30am all aboard time.

Edit: After replying to another post I realized I left out a great idea for your time in port. Google Fajardo Bio Bay tours. You'll see a couple of options to do a kayak or electric motor boat tour to one of the very few bio-luminescent bodies of water in the world. This is something you can only do at night so you might want to check it out.

Edited by Stinger-pr