Cave Tubing

HMK

My wife has an artificial knee, and because of this her endurance is limited. Is this tour something she would be able to handle? She can walk using a cane without any major problems...as long as it's a smooth terrain.

Just worried before we book this tour....or should she stay on the ship?

I don't know what kind of limitations your wife has, but I went cave tubing last October, and the hike through the caves was tiring (and I was only 22 years old and in generaly good shape.) and once we went through the river, there was a lot of paddling involved. I was miserable 60% of the time because I was exhausted and I was very sore the next day. I still think it's a good experience, but I wouldn't do it again.

We did the cave tubing and loved it, however, my 64 year old father had knee replacement surgery done a year ago and I know he would never have been able to do this and if he tried I am not sure how he would have felt the rest of the cruise.

Archived