Camp Carnival Age Groups

jerseygirl3

My sister and BIL are bringing their twins, who will be 2 months shy of 6 years of age, on the Liberty in February. They are quite advanced for their age, and I think putting them in the 2-5 year age group would be boring for them. How strict is Carnival about allowing a child 2 months shy of the next birthday to be moved up to the next group? Do they actually verify the ages in some way? When I checked the Carnival website, the activities for 2-5 year olds seemed too "young" for them. It seems the 6-8 year group would be a better fit for them. After all, they are little geniuses!!!LOL

Jerseygirl (Where in Jersey? I was born in Mount Holly, raised in Willingboro and Riverside) - Don't be too worried about having the twins in the 2-5 camp. I've had my youngest son (turning 6 in February) in this category on both cruises we've taken; they try to divide the kids among 2-3 and 4-5, if there are enough kids on board, so the 5 YOs aren't doing the same things as the 2 YOs. Son actually thinks he'll miss this group on our next cruise, since he'll be 6 and he really liked the 5 YO activities! The activities posted online are only "sample" activities.

Archived