Luggage tags.

tran93le

In most states, it's a law and you'll get ticketed if caught not wearing one. You won't get ticketed if you use an inkjet printer.

You won't get ticketed if you're not wearing a seatbelt and you die in an accident. You're also not going to get in trouble with the law if your bags don't make it to your room because your tags got wet and the ink smeared. You'll just feel foolish and angry.

You won't get ticketed if you're not wearing a seatbelt and you die in an accident. You're also not going to get in trouble with the law if your bags don't make it to your room because your tags got wet and the ink smeared. You'll just feel foolish and angry.

Really? And you're not going to die if you use an inkjet printer. Are you afraid to admit that there is ways other than what you think or do? Seatbelts and dying in an accident have nothing to do with printing out luggage tags.

Really? And you're not going to die if you use an inkjet printer. Are you afraid to admit that there is ways other than what you think or do? Seatbelts and dying in an accident have nothing to do with printing out luggage tags.

Are you purposely being obtuse or do you just not comprehend simple concepts?

Print at home. Laser printer preferred. Cover with packing tape to prevent damage from moisture. Staple.

Inkjet printouts will smear in less than a second when it comes into contact with water. Printouts using toner do not.

By the amount of postings and the question asked by the OP, I would say that this is their first cruise. By stating that a laser printer is preferred, they would take it that they had to go out and try to find a laser printer which is not necessary.

You stated that a laser printer was preferred, then to cover with packing tape to prevent moisture damage. On you next posting you said that inkjet printouts will smear in contact with water. OK, then why did you tell them to cover with packing tape even if they did use a laser printer. If you cover with packing tape, either printer will work just fine.

The bottom line is that any printer will work.

You stated that a laser printer was preferred, then to cover with packing tape to prevent moisture damage. On you next posting you said that inkjet printouts will smear in contact with water. OK, then why did you tell them to cover with packing tape even if they did use a laser printer. If you cover with packing tape, either printer will work just fine.

The bottom line is that any printer will work.

Packing tape helps a lot, but it doesn't make it waterproof. Neither does a plastic luggage tag holder. (In fact, that can be worse.)

Packing tape helps a lot, but it doesn't make it waterproof. Neither does a plastic luggage tag holder. (In fact, that can be worse.)

Ours seal like a Zip Lock baggie. Most of them that I've seen do. Enough on this subject. Print them however you like.

Ours seal like a Zip Lock baggie. Most of them that I've seen do. Enough on this subject. Print them however you like.

Now I remember why sizzlechest is on my ignore list.

You'd think he would know about the zip closure if he's ever actually used one before running his mouth.

Yes, those zip locks are a water tight seal that never open partially and moisture never gets inside the tag. The ink never imprints on the plastic either. A great investment for a disposable item.

Now I remember why sizzlechest is on my ignore list.

You'd think he would know about the zip closure if he's ever actually used one before running his mouth.

Now I know why your called ParrotRob. Talks a lot, but nothing of substance.

Yes, those zip locks are a water tight seal that never open partially and moisture never gets inside the tag. The ink never imprints on the plastic either. A great investment for a disposable item.

1. No they never open partially if you seal them correctly so moisture never gets in them.

2. Only an idiot would put a freshly printed piece of paper in an envelope without letting it dry first.

3. They aren't disposable. They can be used over and over without any problems. Many have said on here where they have used them for over ten cruises

4. It would appear that you are a person that has to get the last words in no matter if you are right or wrong.

5. Go for it! I'm done.

1. No they never open partially if you seal them correctly so moisture never gets in them.

2. Only an idiot would put a freshly printed piece of paper in an envelope without letting it dry first.

3. They aren't disposable. They can be used over and over without any problems. Many have said on here where they have used them for over ten cruises

4. It would appear that you are a person that has to get the last words in no matter if you are right or wrong.

5. Go for it! I'm done.

Like I said, I'm sure he's never even seen one. His idiotic responses confirm that, too.

I know! I said that. They NEVER open partially. Just like ziplock bags never open partially ever. Anyone who claims that is a liar and a crook! I'm agreeing with you.

Some people just don't put the effort in to make reusable plastic luggage tags work. Printing the cruise luggage tags then leaving them spread out on a table while they dry sufficiently is an important part of the process. I mean, yeah, even after they dry, a ghosted image can still transfer onto the plastic due to the pressure. That's why I make sure to time it properly so that the printed tag doesn't remain in the plastic holder for any longer than necessary. I only put the printouts in right before I leave and take them out as soon as my bags get to the room. It's just so simple. I don't get why everyone doesn't use them?

Dumb people just cover their paper tags with packing tape and throw them away when they're done with them. The fools! Don't they realize their tags can be encased in a reusable plastic container? I mean, yeah the plastic wears out over time and it needs to be cleaned from time to time, but they're just so convenient. I can't imagine cruising without them.

You're only half right.

5. Go for it! I'm done.

No problem!

I also place a sheet of paper inside our luggage with our room number and name on it. Just in case the tags get ripped from the handle !!

Well...it appears that at least 2 of us are trying to be helpfull to the OP! :D

If I'm flying, which I usually do for a cruise, I will add the name of the hotel that I'm staying at pre or post cruise, in case the airlines decide to misplace my luggage.

And my cell phone # if they need to contact me.

You can never be too careful.